Advice on cat fishing in the metro area..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeverGiveUp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been fishing my whole life, but I've never really tried to get out and do some cat fishing. An old friend of mine and I are going Monday night but aren’t really sure where to go, or even if we are wasting our time right now with the heat wave that’s been coming through. From what the fishing report says Hefner seems to be a fairly good place to go right now but does anyone have any other places they could recommend? Plan on fishing with live shad if we can find them. Thanks for the help/advice everyone

Brandon

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a buddy of mine would use medium size raw shrimp on a circle hook. He would put them out and let his boat drift up at hefner and he would catch tons of cat fish.

mild bill

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i fish a lot in the north canadian river and use cooking shrimp for bait. it works real well in swift water. usually when you catch a fish it knocks the bait up the line and you can use it again. I usually catch channel catfish.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Netting shad in OKC was illegal last time I checked. Not environmental, but bait seller lobby years ago got the law passid. Not a lot of enforcement.

Overholser can be productive. Go to the bridge on the east side, and go down the divider betweeen the river and the lake itself. You will probably have to walk from the park area because the road is usually cabled off.

You may see others fishing there, and if not you'll see where they've been. I think at least 500 yards south would be best. This is old information. Others may know if it's still a good place. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom