Advise pls, on a case for my pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have this pistol: Sccy CPX. It came in the little red box you see in that picture.

Currently, I tuck it into my range bag whenever I go out with it, but I'd like to get an actual case for it. I'm still n00bish enough that I just don't really know what I need. Any suggestions?

I currently carry my Glock in the hard plastic case it came in, and I'm happy with that.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the suede leather-sided soft pistol cases from Ace Cases. They're handy, especially if you get a case with carrying handles, and do a good job protecting a pistol. The company has a booth at the bigger shows in Tulsa (Wanenmacher, Sooner National) each year.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey lady. Go to your local gun store and get a bible bag. They look exactly like that. In fact my black one has a cross on the zipper so when I have it where I cant go IWB I put it in there on the floorboard and everyone thinks that is what it is. Well padded so you can drop it in your bag for extra protection.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending upon what all you need, I think i-shot makes some really good stuff.

http://www.ishot-inc.com/store2/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=df976e38757b0dec49197d4a88d51956

http://www.holsterz.com/c=G0HThVo7O...SHOTRANGERUG/ISHOT_Range_Rug_Gun_Carrier.html

Much like Wilson's pistol cases, which I personally really like. Two pockets on one side. Slot in the middle for your handgun. Pouches for mags on the other side. One for each handgun. You can have them all loaded up and ready for the range and then just decide which you want to take and which you don't. Purdy dang handy if you ask me. ;)

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey lady. Go to your local gun store and get a bible bag. They look exactly like that. In fact my black one has a cross on the zipper so when I have it where I cant go IWB I put it in there on the floorboard and everyone thinks that is what it is. Well padded so you can drop it in your bag for extra protection.

that is an excellent idea.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a cheap zippered traingle for 4 bucks at Academy. Works well enough for my XD.

They have several zippered and hard cases there. Nothing fancy by any means, but the prices are right, like, all less than $10.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have this pistol: Sccy CPX. It came in the little red box you see in that picture.

Currently, I tuck it into my range bag whenever I go out with it, but I'd like to get an actual case for it. I'm still n00bish enough that I just don't really know what I need. Any suggestions?

I currently carry my Glock in the hard plastic case it came in, and I'm happy with that.

Just get a cheap one like mentioned at academy. Have you shot that gun? Just curious on what you thought of the recoil. +p will be a killer. Get a finger extension for the mag if you keep that gun.

okienate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're just looking for something basic to tote your little 9mm around with, or to keep it from getting damaged in your range back, I may have something that can help.

A while back, I bought a bunch of "rugs" for pretty cheap. Pretty nice with a zipper all the way around, fake sheep-wool lining, internal "pockets" to keep your gun and a couple of mags from banging into each other, and one big external zippered pocket.

I bought 5 of them, but only use 3. If you aren't in a rush to get something, I can give you one of my extra's.

If you'd like, I can bring it by H&H for you at next month's Sunday night shoot, or whenever it looks like we'd both be out there, at no cost. (No use in it continuing to gather dust in my safe.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom