Affordable electronic coyote callers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some out there that are pretty resonable but I ended up with the Foxpro Firestorm, resonable to me is I buy it once and use it for years so yeah I spent $400 on the caller but I expect it to last me several years and say it last 4 years yeah that's $100 a year but what I've seen and heard about some other cheaper calls is you might get a season out of them and they run in the $150 range so yeah after 4 years I could spend $400 or I could spend $600 on cheaper calls, see my thinking?

I've not got to get this call out yet and just got back from the range, got the 17 Rem all zeroed in and now I'm thinkin I need to get out and about for some calling.

Where are you located? might have to hook up and go one day. Later,

Kirk

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Johnny Stewart Preymaster's would probably be my choice if you're trying to stay under $200. The wired model usually runs about $99, the remote model around $180. Foxpro also makes a call for $200 or so, called the Spitfire, I think they had some problems early on, not sure about now. From what I've heard, I would stay away from the others, sound like junk to me. I had the $99 J.S. at first and liked it, called in several coyotes and 2 cats with it.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think foxpro is the way to go. I just got a spitfire for $180.
It comes with 24 preloaded calls.
The reason I picked it ahead of the johnny stewart is because it comes with a SD card and you can load your own sounds.
The JS sound cards are $25 a piece at Bass Pro and you can't play your own.
The foxpro plays wav and mp3 IIRC.
We used it today to call crows and within a minute had more than we could shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom