after gun season???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been tagged out on bucks since a week after muzzleload season, so I never really even got a rifle season this year, which was fine with me. The best hunting seemed to be before rifle season anyway. I've got a trip to KS for pheasant and quail coming up. After that, will continue to hammer on the ducks. As soon as all the acorns are gone, which won't be long at all, and all the rifle hunters are out of the woods, I plan on firing up the pig traps again. Looking forward to that as much as anything.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am ready for gun season to end too! There are to many ponds we couldn't hunt during deer season!

There is a nice buck running our food plots that I am trying to get close enough to with the bow.... Going to take the break off ducks and try to lure him in!

then...come on spring.... getting the bass boat back out and hookin' a lunker!

PJ

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot a couple pretty good bucks when the weather gets really cold and miserable. Shot a 10 point a couple years ago, he came in with a bachelor group to a feeder on Dec 21. It was a balmy 21 degrees with a nice wind chill down in the teens. I was sitting there shivering thinking how dumb it was to be that miserable then in walk 4 bucks anywhere from 5 to 25 yards and I warmed right up.

That being said if I don't tag out this weekend I will be back out there after finals in full force!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom