After the incident, which gun would you rather explain you used? Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which gun would you rather explain you used when explaining your actions to the police or in court?

• Total voters

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Gentleman and Gentlewomen of the Jury, the prosecution contends that Mr Tanstaafl showed intention and forethought of malice and homicide to shoot anyone lethally. A Glock 19 was not lethal enough for him, he carefully chose and modified his Glock 19 so it was a laser precise killing machine, capable of firing faster, acquiring a target quicker, reloaded quicker and had an ultralight trigger so that he could murder the deceased in cold blood with as many shots as he wanted almost unconsciously. He fancied himself to be a gunfighter of the new west, a self crafted killing machine. The prosecution rests its case."

Yes, a ridiculous example, however why risk any of that when either firearm can get the job done?
if I was on the jury, I’d be laughing so hard that the judge would be forced to declare a recess…..

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn’t own a pistol with an optical sight, an attached light, or vented barrel; but because I’m physically impaired (physical injuries and rheumatoid arthritis since age 23 with fused wrists, fused right elbow at 90 degrees, limited range of motion in the fingers of my right hand with the worst being my right trigger finger which forces me to use my middle finger to operate a trigger) requiring me to replace and/or modify the trigger groups on Glock pistols to 4 pounds pull. Therefore, my answer is: if circumstances forced me to use a weapon for self defense, I would be using a system modified sufficiently to enable me to use it safely and effectively.to eliminate the immediate threat. I was also advised in CLEET around 1985 not to carry a duty weapon modified ouside service speciations. At that time I carried a Colt Series 70 Combat Commander with the trigger and sere tuned to 4 pound pull and the extractor replaced (after breaking on the police range) by an OHP Armorer. The 1911 is my preferred handgun, but I cannot criticize Glock weapons as they are reliable under the most severe conditions.
Damn son! With all that going on, it would be easier, and cheaper, for you to carry a cop instead of a gun.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful Car, but to back that paint job up you better have 600 plus horsepower. 2018 + Mustang 5.0's and Charger 392's out there will give you grief for that paint unless you have the motor to back it...

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the end of the day, it don't make qa difference WHAT you shot them with only "was it a good shoot under the law".

The current trend in many states is to go above ad beyond what the law says. Other things that may get you in trouble:

1) How many shots... Too many and your a psychopath
2) What Ammo... Oh my gosh, he used those flying buzzsaws that drill holes through titanium or homemade ammo (factory ammo wasn't deadly enough for this gentleman, he had to make his own more deadly ammo...), he used those hollowpoints which implode upon striking the target creating a thermonuclear explosion and a portal to another dimension killing the victim...

So, can this happen? Possibly. Depends on the state, the city and then the police and district attorney then another worry is the media.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The current trend in many states is to go above ad beyond what the law says. Other things that may get you in trouble:

1) How many shots... Too many and your a psychopath
2) What Ammo... Oh my gosh, he used those flying buzzsaws that drill holes through titanium or homemade ammo (factory ammo wasn't deadly enough for this gentleman, he had to make his own more deadly ammo...), he used those hollowpoints which implode upon striking the target creating a thermonuclear explosion and a portal to another dimension killing the victim...

So, can this happen? Possibly. Depends on the state, the city and then the police and district attorney then another worry is the media.
After the Ersland and Kennedy travesties of justice anything is possible.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m fortunate as I hate ported or comped pistols and will only shoot them for competition. Also it’s all the hipster rage to have a WML these days. I have a couple with WMLs but they are designated to home defense. 99% of CCW with a WML have not a clue how to use them properly.

That said my main carry has a Holosun SCS and an Apex trigger. That’s as far as I go on a carry.

I voted stock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom