Ahmaud Arbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Um, no. Open carrying a firearm is one thing, using a firearm to intimidate a person unlawfully is illegal. As I and others have pointed out, unless proof comes out otherwise, the McMichaels had no legal standing on attempting to stop Arbery. None. By involving firearms they escalated it to a felony false imprisonment attempt. It does not matter what Arbery might or might not have done at that point. Citizens are not LEO's, they don't have the power to stop people to investigate crimes. They can only enact a C/A when they have witnessed or are witnessing a crime being committed, and in the state of GA that crime has to rise to a felony level to enact a C/A.

So Arbery has the right to charge, assault, and attempt to disarm the younger McMichaels when he had obvious options? Nope, and he died doing it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Um, no. Open carrying a firearm is one thing, using a firearm to intimidate a person unlawfully is illegal. As I and others have pointed out, unless proof comes out otherwise, the McMichaels had no legal standing on attempting to stop Arbery. None. By involving firearms they escalated it to a felony false imprisonment attempt. It does not matter what Arbery might or might not have done at that point. Citizens are not LEO's, they don't have the power to stop people to investigate crimes. They can only enact a C/A when they have witnessed or are witnessing a crime being committed, and in the state of GA that crime has to rise to a felony level to enact a C/A.
I read in one of the eleventy bazillion stories on this that the house "possibly burgled" was the younger McMichael's. Supposing that's true and they got a call from a neighbor that someone was poking around in it, it wouldn't be a stretch to strap up before going to investigate, at least not in my mind.

That whole "roadblock" thing is something else that will come out in the wash, but there's another thing. The decedent still could have chosen flight instead of fight. All he had to do was turn right instead of left. There's no getting around that. There's also no getting around that gunfire didn't happen until hands on activity started.

Whether these guys hang or walk is going to depend solely on whether their "citizen's arrest" is legit. If so, they should walk away a tad smarter.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So Arbery has the right to charge, assault, and attempt to disarm the younger McMichaels when he had obvious options? Nope, and he died doing it.

Someone comes out of a car and tells you to stop and they are carrying a gun, what are you going to do? "Yes sir, I'll sit down right here sir, please don't hurt me sir"? I don't think so.

And no one said anything about kidnapping, its false imprisonment, which is what happens when someone tries to prevent another person from leaving an area when they have no right to do so.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me see if I can sum it up for you. A punk a— thug was up to no good and got himself killed in doing so. The world is a better place without him and the county won’t have to house and feed him like they do his older incarcerated brother. The ONLY reason charges have been filed is to placate the blacks in the hopes they don’t burn their own town down. They will riot anyway when the accused are found not guilty if it gets that far. If the deceased had been white he would have been bagged, tagged, and 1 less POS roaming thru the neighborhood looking for something to steal. But hey, let’s make it about race since that seems to be the popular thing to do these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It does not matter who or what Arbery was or had done! What these two jokers did was illegal, pure and simple. If you try to legitimize their action then you are ok with lynch mobs. And who said anything about race? Quote me one time where I made this a racial issue. I don't care if Arbery was white, black, yellow, red, purple or puce, the actions the McMichaels took caused this to escalate and therefor they are responsible. Now its up to a court of law to decide their fate.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, you pretty much should just bow down to a redneck who suddenly presents himself with a shotgun

That’s pretty much what some are arguing. If you have an opinion counter to that, you must work for CNN LOL.

Laughable and untenable at the same time.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The DA disagreed with your assessment on legality...

...and then recused himself. Then another DA made a grand jury recommendation and following that the GBI felt they had enough evidence to seek and secure arrest warrants.

So the word of a recused DA with connections to the accused is gospel but the word of another DA and the investigation of a state bureau of investigation is all just politics and race huh?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They didn’t suddenly present with a shotgun. The guy ran from the house. What’s laughable is your refusal to see what the videos clearly show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Laughable that you think any law or sense of morality allows you, as a civilian, to execute the armed pursuit, armed confrontation, and attempted armed detention of someone who “ran from a house”. If they witnessed anything, and that hasn’t been established yet, it was at best non violent misdemeanor trespassing.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s also interesting to note that the Chief of the Glynn County PD and a few retired officers were arrested at the end of February for felony charges related to perjury, witness intimidation etc...

Same department the senior McMichaels worked for....pure as the driven snow I’m sure lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom