AimPoint or EOtech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I currently have an Aimpoint M3 with a 2 MOA dot and an H1 with a 4 MOA dot (the only dot size the micro comes in). I'm really preferring the H1 Micro these days for the size and weight savings.

The Eotech is a non-starter for me due to the auto shutoff feature and shorter battery life.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the Aimpoint Comp ML2 with the 4moa dot, about four years ago. Love it. Makes target aquisition/sight picture fast and easy. Just finished a two day Urban Rifle/Tactical Carbine class with mine on the entire time. I turn mine off when putting the carbine in it's case, cleaning it and storing it in the safe. Battery has lasted four years so far. Amazes me. The 4moa dot begins to obscure small targets like the aiming black of a bullseye target at 100 yards. But I feel confident in the systems capability to get good hits on man sized targets out to 200yds. Perhaps even 300yds with a high hold. Beyond that distance, I've been led to believe the 5.56MM bullet is running low on ft-lbs. of energy. About the same distance the 7.62X39MM AK round is running seriously low on accuracy.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an Eotech XPS and love it but I've also used an Aimpoint and liked it as well. It's going to depend on your personal preference. If I remember correctly, H&H has diiferent rifles you can rent that has both optics on it. I would recommend either renting both rifles or finding someone that has one and try them both out before you make a decision.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the Eotech looks grainy to you then you need to stop looking at the reticle and look at the target instead. As for the comment about the Eotech being too cluttered, you can get a single 1 MOA dot as the reticle. It doesn't get any cleaner than that. The battery life on the Eotech is a legitimate concern as is the fact that it will turn off after a given amount of time. If you don't need the sight on at a moment's notice or if you aren't using it for 10 hours straight the on/off issue is much less important. For me the Eotech is easier and faster to acquire the target, but that is a personal preference. Both are excellent and as someone else mentioned, don't forget the ACOG.

Beercules

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having used both, I prefer the Aimpoint to the EOTech. I have a CompM2 that I love. The controls are much easier and quicker to access as opposed to the buttons on the HWS, and it is a single knob for all functions rather than 3 buttons (NV models). A BUIS can further complicate access to the HWS controls. The Aimpoint has approximately eleventy-billion options for mounts as well. I have not noticed any difference in speed when shooting up close, but I haven't put it to a time either. I can say that at distance (300-500m) the 1 MOA dot in the EOTech is easier to get hits with over a 2 or 4 MOA Aimpoint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom