Aimpont Mount for AR Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing an Aimpoint Comp C3 kit that comes with the Aimpoint low weaver style 30mm mount. Will this work on my flattop AR? If so, how will it cowitness?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the spacer provide an absolute or lower 1/3 cowitness? So you think the Aimpoint mount is a decent mount, overall. If it was a quality piece, I would like to use it until I settle on an upgrade.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to disagree and say it's not servicable. The LRP mount for the Micro is very nice though but the factory ring that comes with the Comps suck. I say save up $105 bucks and get an ADM mount. Also, I'll have to disagree with my buddy and say that absolute vs. lower 1/3 there is not a "proper" one. Both have pros/cons. I have recently switched to all absolute mounts.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Joshell, my friend....

The QRP is not the cats meow, but it works. I loathe the QD knob based solely on its mass, but they seem to work OK wrapped around hundreds of thousands of M68 CCOs in the Middle East.... While I personally dont care for them, I see no reason they wont serve the average armchair commando on his monthly range trip.

I also disagree with your mount of choice, and prefer the LaRue LT-150....and lower 1/3rd, since thats the right way to do things.

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to AR optics. Aimpoint was my first choice, but I felt they were too expensive. I went ahead and bought an Eotech 552 because I thought it was the least expensive battle proven I could get. I've mounted it up and did some dry fire practice and decided I have found some things I don't like about it. I found a good deal on the Comp C3. So, now I'm considering buying it and selling the Eotech. I'll have to use the stock Aimpoint mount until I can get a better setup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom