Airline travel with a suppressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I flew with one last year, just had it in my gun case, I put a copy of paperwork in the case and kept a copy with me. Had no issues.
Yes, but you are talking about checked baggage. He is wondering about his carry on that would go through the scanner at the check point. My best guess is the TSA agent would spot it and visually inspect it. I would expect you might be pulled aside and taken to the special room and further questioned about it. I can understand your concern about putting it in a checked bag considering all the pilfering that happens by baggage handlers. I think the reaction might depend a lot on the airports you are traveling through. I would try to contact the TSA and see what they say about it.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, but you are talking about checked baggage. He is wondering about his carry on that would go through the scanner at the check point. My best guess is the TSA agent would spot it and visually inspect it. I would expect you might be pulled aside and taken to the special room and further questioned about it. I can understand your concern about putting it in a checked bag considering all the pilfering that happens by baggage handlers. I think the reaction might depend a lot on the airports you are traveling through. I would try to contact the TSA and see what they say about it.
I fly mine with my guns and keep the paperwork with it like @chazroh said. At a min, I'd treat it like a gun and put it in a locked hardcase with the paperwork - one that's too big for the baggage handlers to stuff in their drawers. I wouldn't carry one in my carry on at all; I think that would be a bad move, the whole NFA item thing and all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom