AK/AR Buying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’ve found Mini-14s cheaper than some ARs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends. I actually traded a PSA AR for my current Mini. Get a 580 series on up and they shoot just fine.
Been to many RNGs with it, has been dropped, dragged through the mud, submersed, about anything short of driven over. And it shoots well, and has never - NEVER failed to feed, fire or eject. It is the definition of reliable.

One caveat - Minis only shoot reliably with Ruger mags. No one makes a good aftermarket mag.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends. I actually traded a PSA AR for my current Mini. Get a 580 series on up and they shoot just fine.
Been to many RNGs with it, has been dropped, dragged through the mud, submersed, about anything short of driven over. And it shoots well, and has never - NEVER failed to feed, fire or eject. It is the definition of reliable.

One caveat - Minis only shoot reliably with Ruger mags. No one makes a good aftermarket mag.

I got a mini about a year or so ago off of Gunbroker. Came with 4 factory mags. That thing is sweet.

Would like to maybe get a stainless and black one at some point.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a beefy AK with not-Arsenal pricing, a bulged trunion M70, M92 or M85 from Zastava is the beesknees. WBP makes a good AK as well as the tried and tried WASR-10.

Milled AKs don't offer much other than having to find unique furniture that fits and being more expensive. They've been stamped for 70 years for a reason.

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I actually looked the other day. Lowest sold listings of mini 14’s were $900

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want a beefy AK with not-Arsenal pricing, a bulged trunion M70, M92 or M85 from Zastava is the beesknees. WBP makes a good AK as well as the tried and tried WASR-10.

Milled AKs don't offer much other than having to find unique furniture that fits and being more expensive. They've been stamped for 70 years for a reason.

Funny that you say that. I was looking at a Zastava M70 before the Arsenal’s, but by the time I was done researching them, the Zastava got snapped up. I’ve been waiting to see if another will pop up with no luck. So I figured I’d get an Arsenal, since they have such a good reputation and I can still find some on the market. Anyway, I figure I’ll wait another couple days, and if I don’t see a Zastava I’ll probably pull the trigger on the Arsenal.

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anderson announcement of price increases
B65EFA54-2989-4C34-9ADC-983E12800729.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom