AK/AR Buying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSUFLYBOY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read years ago from a smarter man than I that one should ALWAYS at a minimum own the rifle and pistol of the military of the country one is living in. The logic is that you will always have the same caliber and spare parts in the aftermarket world (or picking up from the dead).

With that in mind, here in the US it would be the 5.56 and 9mm calibers at a minimum, and an AR and Sig (or Glock) at the maximum to get/have spare parts.

Another line of thought (albeit more nefarious) is to purchase a good quality bolt action rifle with a good scope, preferably in a large readily available caliber, say .308. WTSHTF soon you can ALWAYS use a good accurate bolt gun to procure any of the other firearms you want and/or need.

Just food for thought.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or, you could do as I did for the AR itch --- get one in 22lr. Cured the itch and it's lots cheaper to shoot! And if you get an M&P 15-22, all your add-ons will fit your 'real' AR when/if you get one. I never felt the need for the 5.56. I got a Ruger PCC in 9mm instead.

IMG_1932.JPG

(Just tried the Lucas CLP cleaner/lube on the M&P 15-22. Seems to work really well!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom