AK/AR Buying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait, wut?
Does not compute.
How old are you? 16? Gee, even 16 year olds I know have AR's and AK's
Actually there have been several AR's in the clasifieds for $700-$800 here lately.

I’m old. I’ve had both......but I rarely shot them, so I sold them. I’m more of a handgun guy these days. I do have a Sig MPX in 9mm, which I love. I’m wondering though, with all the election stuff coming up, it seems like everyone is going crazy over AR/AK’s. Am I missing something? Should I be getting a Zombie gun?

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If...you want an AK...go on gun joker and purchase any China pre-ban AK...just don't look at the price,...till next year...then you will think you got a deal.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
With prices the way they are I was thinking about buying an Arsenal AK.
I don’t think you’ll regret it. I kick myself daily for not picking up a vepr or two back when they were $600, or when krebs was modifying veprs and selling them for $1700. Now said guns are 2k+ and $4k+ respectively.
I personally would buy a decent AK right now, but don’t pay a premium Markup for it. I’ve seen people trying to sell palmetto state AK’s at double their retail. The trick is waiting for them to restock. I used to check twice a day. Also, Kvar had arsenals in stock last I saw.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think you’ll regret it. I kick myself daily for not picking up a vepr or two back when they were $600, or when krebs was modifying veprs and selling them for $1700. Now said guns are 2k+ and $4k+ respectively.
I personally would buy a decent AK right now, but don’t pay a premium Markup for it. I’ve seen people trying to sell palmetto state AK’s at double their retail. The trick is waiting for them to restock. I used to check twice a day. Also, Kvar had arsenals in stock last I saw.

Yep I’ve been checking Kvar everyday. They have stamped Arsenal AK’s, but I thought I might hold out for a milled Arsenal (barely know jack about AK’s). What do you think?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep I’ve been checking Kvar everyday. They have stamped Arsenal AK’s, but I thought I might hold out for a milled Arsenal (barely know jack about AK’s). What do you think?
Honestly? milled is considerably heavier, and you gain a little rigidity and thats it. I'm not the have all end all knowledge on this though. A quality stamped receiver is plenty tough, and to be honest, more authentic if that is your thing. I've literally beat on my stamped receivers with a hammer and not had any concerns.
A good knowledgable individual to watch is ol Rob Ski on youtube. look up "AK Operators union". He has lots of reviews, abuse/stress tests, care, basic operating principles, and the like. He also was in the Polish army, immigrated, and became a ranger in the ol US Army. Good guy, tons of practical knowledge, tons of enthusiasm.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly? milled is considerably heavier, and you gain a little rigidity and thats it. I'm not the have all end all knowledge on this though. A quality stamped receiver is plenty tough, and to be honest, more authentic if that is your thing. I've literally beat on my stamped receivers with a hammer and not had any concerns.
A good knowledgable individual to watch is ol Rob Ski on youtube. look up "AK Operators union". He has lots of reviews, abuse/stress tests, care, basic operating principles, and the like. He also was in the Polish army, immigrated, and became a ranger in the ol US Army. Good guy, tons of practical knowledge, tons of enthusiasm.

Thanks! I appreciate your insight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom