AK Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stamped are really no less durable than milled, and I've heard the milled may have a slight edge in accuracy over stamped, but not sure how much truth there is in that. Milled is slightly heavier for obvious reasons, but not enough to me to make a difference. The milled rifles I've messed with have had smooth actions - whether that's a product of the receiver or just a product of build quality I don't know. Furniture options are going to be far greater with the stamped. I guess it's just a case of personal preference.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a small gun show a couple of weeks ago here in Shawnee and I found a mak90 for $850. It had the factory stock and everything. Looked pretty nice. If I didn't just buy a rifle the day before I would have got it. And as for century and their quality, I have a 2015 production wasr 10 and it has all new parts. And they all match. I was very surprised the rifle is a nice as it is. I used to have a c39 version 1. It was very heavy. The quality was pretty good looks wise. But came with cheap butt ugly furniture and the rear trunnion was a double tang. For some reason century always has to make their ak rifles with differences. And not good ones. At the same gun show, one guy was selling an IO and a wasr for $850 for the io and $875 for the wasr. I about laughed in his face. I will stick with non American AK's.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a small gun show a couple of weeks ago here in Shawnee and I found a mak90 for $850. It had the factory stock and everything. Looked pretty nice. If I didn't just buy a rifle the day before I would have got it. And as for century and their quality, I have a 2015 production wasr 10 and it has all new parts. And they all match. I was very surprised the rifle is a nice as it is. I used to have a c39 version 1. It was very heavy. The quality was pretty good looks wise. But came with cheap butt ugly furniture and the rear trunnion was a double tang. For some reason century always has to make their ak rifles with differences. And not good ones. At the same gun show, one guy was selling an IO and a wasr for $850 for the io and $875 for the wasr. I about laughed in his face. I will stick with non American AK's.

Milled guns often have double tangs...its not a century only thing as my arsenal sam7r is the same way. Also milled guns dont have trunions per se...its all just the receiver

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw that same mak90 for $850...way overpriced although the old man said he would do $750 on it. I bought a mak in similar condition at the okc show just prior to that for $600. Theirs a ton of maks out their and good deals to be had. Pawn shops are another place ive had good luck on chinese AKs.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the sweetest AK's from the 80's was the Hungarians. Sold a ton of them. Hard to find now as I think most got converted to FA in '86.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the sweetest AK's from the 80's was the Hungarians. Sold a ton of them. Hard to find now as I think most got converted to FA in '86.

Only around 7000 imported if I remember right - 3000 fixed stock, and 4000 underfolders, all imported in one lot around 1986 by Kassnar. They are quite expensive and collectible now, with their later post-ban Sa85m "KBI" imported brothers being much more common. Same basic rifle, no lugs or threads (and a dreadful thumbhole stock). Some of the post-bans also used the shortened AMD-65 gas system. I guess the Hungarians were running low on full length pistons and tubes late in production? I agree with you - the Sa85ms are great rifles.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my wasr 10 after adding some upgrades and painting it myself. What do y'all think of her?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I don't know what the heck is wrong with the pictures. They look great on my phone yet when I transferred them to the thread they look like crap. Sorry.

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom