AK Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no problem with the side-folders (other than the AMD-65); in fact, the poly side-folders Arsenal puts on their rifles feels exactly like a fixed stock, though the triangle just looks cool. It's not bad comfort-wise, but isn't as comfortable as the poly folder.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The newer US made AK's are finally getting to an acceptable level of quality. The rifles century is putting out today made in-house will all American made parts is surprisingly really good. Much better than the stuff Century used to clobber together using parts kits. DDI also makes a great AK.

The Century C39, V2, and RAS47 are showing signs of problems with their cast parts. Don't know if it was a bad batch or what, and its hard to tell at this point whether Century screwed the pooch or Not. Century isn't saying a whole lot about it either.

Most of the problems seem to be showing up between the 1k and 2k rounds mark. I have a rAS47 with 950 thru it and am worried about it and keeping an eye on mine.

I have heard that the same company supplies the cast parts for DDI but havnt heard anything bad cropping up in DDI rifles so who knows the extent

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Century C39, V2, and RAS47 are showing signs of problems with their cast parts. Don't know if it was a bad batch or what, and its hard to tell at this point whether Century screwed the pooch or Not. Century isn't saying a whole lot about it either.

Most of the problems seem to be showing up between the 1k and 2k rounds mark. I have a rAS47 with 950 thru it and am worried about it and keeping an eye on mine.

I have heard that the same company supplies the cast parts for DDI but havnt heard anything bad cropping up in DDI rifles so who knows the extent

Following that "Soft Metal" thread over on AK Files? I think they're seeing the issue primarily with the RAS47.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, I've been buying upgrades for my next AK (that I haven't even bought yet) and have gone from a scope to a rear peep but I haven't ordered that yet. Anyone have experience with peeps on their AK's. I get the feeling Rob Ski isn't fond of them, but with rifles, they drastically help me because I'm a righty with a left eye dominance problem. In Archery, the peep makes it a non-issue. With rifles, it's nearly the same. For whatever reason, my brain can tell which eye is looking through the peep and naturally that's how I focus. Without it, my left eye is all, "What the fook you doing, biatch?!!" So... Peeps on AK's... Thoughts?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a rifle that had the Texas Weapons System railed top cover that had the optional peep on it, and it seemed to be very solid and the peep sight looked like it would be a very good setup. I pulled it to save for another rifle. Expensive, but seems like a quality solution. Then again, Krebs and probably others make a peep that replaces the rear sight leaf. It won't have the longer sight radius of the TWS, but should work fine.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started looking into the tech sights after Raoul Duke mentioned them and...

mq5z2dYh.jpg

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I started looking into the tech sights after Raoul Duke mentioned them and...

mq5z2dYh.jpg

Yeah, I've checked those out as well. I guess the only downfall is another step to remove the dust cover. Certainly gives the rifle that Galil-esque look.

But yeah, the one I was looking at is the one CJJ mentioned, the Krebs custom that mounts on the rear elevation sight. Wonder how it would be with up close target aquisition...?

Latest posts

Top Bottom