All purpose 45 acp's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Help me select a new 45 cap handgun. I will be using it mainly for local shooting matches(nothin too serious, just for fun), range time, and the occasional concealed carry.

Here is my requirements
* .45acp (i really enjoy shooting this round even tho its not the cheapest)
* No DA/SA unless it has a manual safety ( I prefer a consistent trigger pull but will tolerate if i can carry it condition 1 )
* Fullsize gun, no subcompacts
* must have a fair amount of holster options AND at least a few adjustable target sight options
* reliablily, if it can't be reliable..i don't want it

I have been thinking about the Glock 41, XDM 45 Competition, & FNX 45. Any others?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kimber custom target II in stainless fits all of your requirements. I use it for my L10 gun in USPSA matches. If it wasn't reliable, it wouldn't make it to the match.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure wish they'd make an FNS .45. Really impressed by those guns. My choice would be the Glock or 1911 out of those options.

daddyof3_101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before I had even gotten to the bottom of your post my mind went straight to the 41. Seems to fit almost all of your needs.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sig 220, accept no substitutes.

Actually, I love sigs..just can't shoot them in matches. My thumb naturally rides high on the grip and sig put that damn slide stop lever where my thumb knuckle usually rests.. It takes too much time and loss of sight picture to have to rack the slide after each mag. :(. If this weren't an issue I'd be shooting my p220 elite at EVERY event.

Latest posts

Top Bottom