Alone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you ever watched this, and if so how many times did you shout "You idiot" at the so called survival experts? No idea what season Netflix has but so far I expect all but one to be bailed out. 7 Days in and he is the only one working on a solid food source. All the others have a temp shelter and are spending all their time and energy building a permanent shelter.

I was always taught, you build you quick and easy temp shelter, secure at least some food source, then start your permanent shelter. One guy is smart enough to get a fishing line out and has caught a nice trout. Others are eating bugs, berries and a mushroom. Not enough calories to build a real shelter.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It amazes me how many go through the process to be selected and get on the show just to tap within a few days. Like they were unaware there would be wildlife, solitude and rough terrain. Some on day 1 or 2???? I'm no survival guru but for the love of God I could do 2 days if you snatched me off the couch right now.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, the wife and I like Alone. Roland from Season 7 is our favorite by far. The guy is a beast and in my opinion, probably the most prepared, badass, who has been on the show. As for the ones who tap out after a couple days, well stupid is stupid what else is there to say.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this is season 8 and so far half have tapped because they could not get food. Now I am not a wild plant expert but if I was going on a show like this, I would be by the time I left.

Wild onions and cranberries a plenty, they have snare wire but are not getting anything. Lots of fish in the lake but they have trouble catching them, maybe use grubs instead of homemade lures. So many mistakes I see. Get some limb lines out and hunt every other day while building your permanent shelter. Food is just as important as shelter because without it you lose strength.

I WANT the folding saw some of them have. Would be very useful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom