American Made Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For my money

I think Bark River makes a very nice/tough knife. Custom feel on a production scale. Their convex grind is harder to sharpen than a traditional grind but they are tough as hell and the heat treat and steel is good so the edge holds really well. And if you like to collect for the sake of having a collection they will never quit giving you a reason to open your wallet.

Coye used to make some killer knives in the Tulsa area. Custom knives on a Smaller production scale. Made to really abuse. I assume he is still making them but last I heard he manufactured throughout the year to take everything to the blade show and sell them out in one week. I am not sure if that is still true. But I haven’t seen him at Wanenmachers in several years.

Ray Kirk “Raker Knives” makes some really nice knives. Hand forged. He has been making knives for close to 35 years. Has won forged in fire a couple of times. Located outside of talequah Oklahoma. He really tries to give back to the blade community by holding hammer in’s and giving classes on forging. Super guy.

Lile MM said. There are over a hundred “local” makers and the list he supplies will not be close to complete. There are several hundred other guys that dabble and will make a knife here and there. Their stuff isn’t going to bring big money on a resell market but a lot them will make you a good knife that can be handed down to your kids or at least will last the rest of your life and serve you well.

Some of them put more effort into looks over performance and some worry about performing well and don’t worry so much about producing a flawless blade and some are the middle of the road. But they are all worth fondling for a bit. I have never seen a hand made knife I personally didn’t want to hold and cut something with. Just ask first. Some of those guys frown upon you picking up a knife off the table and start cutting into a hickory stick you brought into the show with you.

Hopefully MM gets the list posted up and you guys go out and buy some local stuff.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
google Oklahoma knife Group shop tour
Gargoyle Garage and Forge
September 16
1958 S. Pottawatomie Rd
Harrah Okla.
You'll probably find 30 to 40 makers close to OKC
Contact to let them know you are coming for meal service