American Tactical.22 upper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Have a Plum Crazy lower sitting at the house and don't know what to do with it. I Get up this morning and see that you can buy the American Tactical .22 upper with mags for $189.00.
Does anyone know the goods and bads?

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know about the American Tactical but have a Nordic 22 upper and love it, with the right ammo it will shoot
10 round groups that you can cover with a nickel at 50 yards.
It's about $225 higher then the AT.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Have a Plum Crazy lower sitting at the house and don't know what to do with it. I Get up this morning and see that you can buy the American Tactical .22 upper with mags for $189.00.
Does anyone know the goods and bads?

If that's the ATI M4-22 upper, I believe it was made by Chiappa - in case that helps with your research.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one of these recently, but have only put a few rounds thru it to make sure it went bang. It did, but beyond that I can't comment on how reliable or accurate it might be.

Mine is the version with the front sight tower and carbine handguards. The handguard cap is not pinned or otherwise secured to anything so the handguards rotate if you twist on them just a little. The sight is held on with a set screw in the bottom and is crooked. There is a dimple in the bottom of the barrel so straightening the front sight isn't likely to happen. The receiver is plastic and it took some effort to get the takedown pins in place on a DPMS lower that I've had for several years. There are no slots in the "flash hider" which is also held in place with a set screw.

In spite of all that, I'll remove the front sight and look for a inexpensive free float handguard for it. It has a Primary Arms red dot on it now and will get a flashlight soon. I got about what I expected in a complete 22LR upper for < $200. Its purpose is for dealing with pest like skunks, possums, coons and armadillos in the dark of night and won't really be used for anything else.

There is another version available that has what appears to be a free float handguard of some sort. It may be better.

Hope this helps.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know about the American Tactical but have a Nordic 22 upper and love it, with the right ammo it will shoot
10 round groups that you can cover with a nickel at 50 yards.
It's about $225 higher then the AT.

Don't know anything about the AT upper. But the Nordic is great. Nordic no longer sells a upper but manufacturers the current DPMS 22 upper. Same exact design. Uses a bolt that looks a lot like 10/22 bolt. I own the two different models they sell and they are very reliable. Street price around $400.

Latest posts

Top Bottom