And this is why I hate to fly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminds me of the old joke

Air traffic "Ahh, tower, what time is it?"

Tower "Tower o unknown aircraft identify and repeat please."

traffic "Ahh tower I need to know what time it is."

Tower "Tower to unknown aircraft, that depends, are you military or civilian?"

traffic "Ahh what difference does that make?"

Tower "Tower to unknown aircraft, well if your military it's 2300 hours, if you're civilian, it's 11:00 p.m. if you're Braniff, it's Tuesday."

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your destination is less than 1100 miles, I recommend driving. These are the reasons:

1) Most of the time there will be at least one stop for several hours in an airport increasing the odds of flight cancellation
2) If you aren't flying first class you will always have a toddler behind you crying and/or kicking the back of your seat
3) If it is an adult they will freak the minute you put your seat back. Why be part of a youtube video?
4) You will have no leg room unless you get a first class seat
5) You will not have a super model sit next to you, it will be some guy who hasn't washed his armpits in two weeks, they will fall asleep resting their greasy hair on your shoulder while drooling on your shirt or jacket, he will way 275 to 300 lbs as well.
6) Assuming you drive, odds are it will be about 15 to 17 hours on the road, you will not need to rent a car at your destination. If you fly with time spent checking in, the flight, layover, waiting for your luggage to never show up, then off to the car rental were the Mustang convertible was reserved you will get a Suzuki Esteem because your car was given to someone else. By the way, you get to wait in line there too... Total time 16 to 18 hours
7) Want to bring your firearm? Better check in 30 minutes earlier and have to go pick it up at an office that takes forever to retrieve it, assuming they haven't lost it.
8) You control the car, you can get real meals instead of the obligatory hand full of peanuts and 1 5 oz glass of soda
9) Odds are you didn't have your travel plans written on the back of a cocktail napkin, on a plane the pilot did put his flight plan on the back of a cocktail napkin.
10) You may catch the next big thing in virus' from the tourist who drooled on you, you later found out when he tried to talk to you he was visiting from a foreign country you never heard of.

By the way, much of this was pre covid.

Don't ask me how I know...
You forgot that now you stuck between 2 18 year old millennials that both suffer from PTSD and have large service dogs.

Stupid ass people, I feel sorry for the dogs.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have travelled a lot over the years for work and until this year was an A-List Preferred level. What I always found interesting about SW based on many conversations with flight crew is that their employees do not live in the city they service. For example, a flight attendant or pilot may live in Tulsa but are based out of Chicago. So every time they have a shift, they have to fly to Chicago to go to work. My understanding is this is also part of the problem with SW. They can't get staff to their home base to fly customers.
This is not all that uncommon. I know people that fly for several airlines and all of them are based out of other states.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Where the heck is Pothole Pete on this problem?
1672301549365.png

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First I am a pilot with an airplane and can fly myself most of the time, but have flown SW and have tracked SW airlines since they were formed. I have a couple friends who have worked for SW a very long time and their comments over the years mirror Okie 4570's post from his friend of providing the reasons why there are problems at SW. When companies are run by accountants, they will fail. Over and over it repeatedly happens. Same with engineers trying to run a company.

Congress says, Yep, a private company SW Airlines is in trouble with miss management and "we are going to have an investigation." Well, Whoop te do, that will fix it all, right?.

I have to wonder why Congress does not realize the USA is in trouble, (where they are management.) and do some investigating? Voting systems are totally corrupt, minuplated, and falsified. So that does not warrant an investigation also to see what is going on there? No, lets go after SW who can fail or survive on their own merit.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sissy who is running the transportion dept....butt....butt....plug....zlug...some dam name...

Why did he not insure when the weather was COMING...make sure everyone was alert and had extra people knowing this delay was coming...

....some dam drag show must had been going on....

...or some other racist stuff with a road giving flats in the ghetto street filled with broken glass...

Latest posts

Top Bottom