And this is why I hate to fly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Flying is not fun, and it has definitely gotten worse from a service standpoint and from a passenger standpoint. Back in the 70's and prior people in at least dressed reasonably well. In the 80's and 90's the same, but passengers started to get ruder to one another. Upgrades to first class were easy in the 90's as little as $50 at the gate and I did that frequently. Now to upgrade they want the difference in the initial ticket price and first class seats remain empty. Seats now are too cramped, it seems as though they have gotten smaller (no, I have not gotten larger!) The seats also may only recline an inch or two. After a passenger suffers with all of this guess what? They can't even count on reaching their destination.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bad! I confused him with Tony Brigmon

I see. Well, for what it’s worth, Herb was a great guy. He put his employees first followed by customers. Most do it the other way around. Herb wasn’t afraid to fire a customer, as it should be. Herb was not a “the customer is always right” guy. He backed his employees when a customer was wrong. It made for happy employees. Happy employees make for happy customers. SWA was a great place to work when he was running the joint.

I didn’t work there, but I knew a bunch of folks that did, and I was an A list flyer with preferred (free companion) status for a long time. SWA was my favorite carrier. I flew with them every time I could.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are flying to Phoenix, AZ tomorrow afternoon. We have 18 people flying over the next few days out to Phoenix. Some of them flew out yesterday. So far no cancellations yet. It looks like on FlyOKC.com departures that most of the cancellations are to Houston and the southeast destinations. Most of the flights going west look good so far. We are prepared to drive tomorrow if in the event our flight does get cancelled.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I will say this, we fly a lot (every month) in our business and Southwest Airlines in the best airlines out there in our opinion. Setting this sna-fu aside.

Latest posts

Top Bottom