Anderson Lowers - Are they any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgoodjr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Building a 300 blackout Pistol. Thinking about getting the Anderson Blem Lower and blem upper. I plan to durocoat them so blem is not a big issue for me.

Seem to be mixed reviews on other forums.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mixed how? I haven't seen anything concrete against them that's held up to more scrutiny - I think alot of it was early on, mostly due to some "spamming" or "schilling" on AR15, which I don't condone at all. I hate schilling, but I'd already bought and used a few of them before I ever saw that stuff and I can't deny the legitimacy and value of their product.

I've got 8 of them, 6 or 7 of which I've built into complete lowers so far and have run into ZERO problems with coatings, fit & finish, all parts fit perfectly and most of them have the integral oversize trigger guard as well, which I like a LOT. I also have 1 or 2 of their uppers, I believe.

The ONLY complaint I have is that stupid rollmark. But hey, it's only aesthetics... and for beater guns, I couldn't care less. At least it ain't a pair of dueling penii.

rgoodjr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems some of the earlier ones had issues with lining up the holes and some parts kits did not like them. Thanks, I plan on picking up a couple this weekend.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Mixed how? I haven't seen anything concrete against them that's held up to more scrutiny - I think alot of it was early on, mostly due to some "spamming" or "schilling" on AR15, which I don't condone at all. I hate schilling, but I'd already bought and used a few of them before I ever saw that stuff and I can't deny the legitimacy and value of their product.

I've got 8 of them, 6 or 7 of which I've built into complete lowers so far and have run into ZERO problems with coatings, fit & finish, all parts fit perfectly and most of them have the integral oversize trigger guard as well, which I like a LOT. I also have 1 or 2 of their uppers, I believe.

The ONLY complaint I have is that stupid rollmark. But hey, it's only aesthetics... and for beater guns, I couldn't care less. At least it ain't a pair of dueling penii.

I've built even more ARs that TR has, only had an issue with one.

Issue detailed here. The file and a few minutes fixed it. Then I just put a dab of matte black paint over it.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had no issues with mine....not that I know much as this was my first build. My neighbor also picked one up the other day...haven't talked to him since he put the lower together.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built on one last week that I got at a gun show and it went together great, looks good and is nice and tight. I stopped by Fat Boys Tactical today and bought another one. I compared them to the other lowers they had (Spikes, Mega, RRA, etc) and to me they looked just as nice and I actually like the finish better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom