Anderson Lowers - Are they any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Built up an Anderson lower not too long ago (with Anderson LPK) and it works very well paired with a Chiappa M4 .22lr upper. Fit between the Anderson lower and the .22lr upper is nice and tight. I would have purchased the blemished lower if it had been available at the time. Have had no issues with the lower.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought several of them from FBT... they have been built on by myself and a few others, with no issues. The roll mark is kinda gay, but hey, what do you want for $55 out the door? Functionally, they are as good as any other forged mil spec lower. None of mine had the integral winter trigger guard... if you get one of those, I'd say it's even a cut above most other mil spec lowers.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand the hatred for the roll mark. Colt's rollmark makes me think "unicorn" and the Spike's spider...well, you know.

I don't like those, either. lol

Actually I'm less interested in them than I used to be, but I still notice it. Not a huge fan of RRA's, either, but I've got one of their rifles as well. I prefer the Punisher and Calico Jack rollmarks over most. But it obviously isn't a dealbreaker, since I've got 8 Andersons and I don't care for theirs, either. Quality for price is a major factor, aesthetics does play a role to a greater or lesser degree, depending on the intent of the build.

<edit> Oh, and the honey badger is bad ass. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom