Another New Ruger 22 Pistolero!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fresh off the presses: the Ruger SR22 Pistol.

It's a DA pistol with exposed hammer for SA-optional shooting. The rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation. The rear blade reverses giving the option of all black rear sights. Single stack with two interchangeable rubber grips, picatinny rail, two 10-round mags, aluminium slide with front and rear cocking serrations, stainless steel replaceable barrel, manual ambi thumb safety and mag release.

Luckily, Ruger put "Pistol" on the slide. I would've had no idea otherwise.

Should be a good 2012 Christmas present. That will give Ruger time for a couple of recalls.

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_RugerSR22.jpg

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_RugerSR22b_1.jpg

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_RugerSR22a_1.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does certainly look pretty cool. Lot of nice features for the MSRP. Glad Ruger is feeding the ever-expanding 22 market.

I was at H&H range with my dad, brother and our oldest boys over the holidays. We were shooting my Ruger 10-22 and Mk II and my brother's Sig 522LR and his Mk III. We shot over 2200 rounds of 22LR. Holy crap, our fingers were worn out from loading mags. But, 22s are too much fun. And we weren't the only ones. Saw and heard quite a few others sending 22s downrange.

Manna

Marksman
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a good condition MK II, but this new Ruger model looks pretty sharp. MSRP of $399 is not too bad. Wonder what the street price will be?

Probably will get the MK II and wait and see how this new model performs before buying one.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More pics...

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_rugersr22d.jpg

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_rugersr22c.jpg

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_rugersr22e.jpg

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_rugersr22f.jpg

Three .22 handgun models introduced in a one-year period. That's pretty impressive, Ruger. I think I'll pass on the SR22 pistol for now and get one of those sweet SP101-22s. Its' shiny.

And thank GOD ALMIGHTY, this SR-22 pistolero doesn't have that gay "loaded chamber" dorsel fin like the SR-9.
I got your "LOADED WHEN UP" right here!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom