Another New Ruger 22 Pistolero!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm just a Mark II kind of guy; that thing is ugly as a hat full of bungholes. It may turn out to be a nice shooter, but too much millwork and too busy looking to me. The old Mark II is accurate and elegant - especially the bull barrels. I'd rather look for another one of those.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm just a Mark II kind of guy; that thing is ugly as a hat full of bungholes. It may turn out to be a nice shooter, but too much millwork and too busy looking to me. The old Mark II is accurate and elegant - especially the bull barrels. I'd rather look for another one of those.

Ditto, I am with you, but I would not say that the SR22 is exactly ugly. Maybe the looks and feel of the SR22 pistol will bring some more/new people into the shooting sports and that is what I am hoping for.

P.S. One feature of the SR22 that does appeal to me is the exposed hammer.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_DSC02850.jpg

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_DSC02773.jpg

Sure, the SR-22 pistol doesn't have the gorgeous, Luger-inspired lines of the Mk I, II & III. And, it will likely not be as accurate. But, I'll wager it's a hell of a lot easier to disassemble and reassemble than any of the Marks.

Gunblast's Jeff Quinn calls the SR-22 pistol a "keeper". He said it was NOT ammo sensitive as it fired 19 different types of 22LR ammo with zero problems. (Thanks for the link Ruger GR8)

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_DSC02826.jpg

SoonerStatePawn has them for $300! That's hard to beat for cheap plinking fun.

I'm always in favor of new guns being introduced into the consumer marketplace. Options are a good thing. If it helps introduce more people to guns, that's a great thing. And if it ends up in the hands of an arthritic, recoil-sensitive retiree and helps him or her defend themselves from a crackhead scumbag, that's a great thing too. Sure beats swinging a cane and dialing 911 so the cops know where to find your body.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not saying I wouldn't take one, but I'd just prefer the Mark II. Like the size of that new Ruger, though, and there's nothing wrong with options. Some are just better looking than others.:wink2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom