Another shooting - Louisville, KY Bank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The saddest part is we do not have enough commonality on homicide reporting. Know how England keeps their homicide rate low? It is not considered a homicide and reported until the perpetrator is caught, tried and convicted! If they did it like us their homicide rate would more than likely exceed that of the United States!
Yeah we're never going to know every detail/variable so let's work with what we do have. You mentioned England, here's a report on London that became very controversial. Even though some things might vary does it still come down to basic logic that if gun(and knife)control worked there would be far fewer homicides in London than New York?
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/london...york-city-first-time-surging-knife-gun-crime/
Back to Sweden, they have guns but pretty strict controls and what's happening there for a few years now?

https://www.politico.eu/article/swe...ty-undoing-peaceful-self-image-law-and-order/
And while perfect reporting/accounting doesn't exist there are reasonably credible sources for some info, when this list is read remember Mexico has pretty strict gun control.

https://www.statista.com/statistics...ities-in-the-world-by-murder-rate-per-capita/
What's sad is that many, possibly more every day truly believe only more gun control, up to the point that only the Gov. should have guns is the only answer. Of course most of them also believe in unicorns and have little if any knowledge of history.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did this particular bank have armed security on-site? Anyone know?

Hard to say whether security would be near the shooting site. Way back in the 1970, I worked a short time as a bank guard at the Liberty National Bank in downtown OKC. (Liberty was in that 36 story building that puts up the crosses in lights during the Christmas season.) With regards to Liberty's policy for guards, most were kept in the vicinity of where the money was, not in the individual offices, and Liberty had 10 floors of that 36 story building.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to say whether security would be near the shooting site. Way back in the 1970, I worked a short time as a bank guard at the Liberty National Bank in downtown OKC. (Liberty was in that 36 story building that puts up the crosses in lights during the Christmas season.) With regards to Liberty's policy for guards, most were kept in the vicinity of where the money was, not in the individual offices, and Liberty had 10 floors of that 36 story building.
Good point.
I believe the shooting in Louisville occurred about 8:30 a.m. local time in the company offices.
I am *guessing* that was before the bank's lobby (with money, tellers, etc) opened to the public ???

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also hard to say if security could've stopped this employee if he used an unmanned entrance. I still can't figure out why anyone would tell him he's getting fired. There are usually processes in place to prevent conflict/confrontations when people are let go.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom