Another snake thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This sucker was swimming in my pool this morning. Any idea what he is? 3rd one like this I’ve found. And boy can they swim. He bit at me several times so a little more aggressive than your average garter snake. Pretty markings too. CBBE56E4-0E82-4C1E-9F62-AF94CECC4F71.jpeg48004F7B-5DB2-4E5C-9B3A-541D6EAF3F55.jpeg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
It's a water snake. They're meaner than snot and will bite the sh*t outta you....and crap all over you too. I don't bother with them around the pond we have in the neighborhood, but I kill everyone that comes to the house. They eat all the toads and frogs and lizards around my house and those are my natural bug control, so they die.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, as other stated just a “water snake” Harmless, very common. He’s tiny, they can get big. They can stay under water for a long time and often swim fully submerged. Water moccasins on the other hand usually swim with their entire body floating on the water surface. If a moccasin ever shows up kill it carefully!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, as other stated just a “water snake” Harmless, very common. He’s tiny, they can get big. They can stay under water for a long time and often swim fully submerged. Water moccasins on the other hand usually swim with their entire body floating on the water surface. If a moccasin ever shows up kill it carefully!
No moccasins this far north in the Ponca area, but lots of diamond back water snakes. Had a couple swimming the creek where I was fishing this morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom