Darn Blood Pressure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have low grade hypertension, too. Mine's inherited...thanks, Mom! I've been taking Lisinopril for several years. Seems to do OK. I haven't noticed any issues but who knows what stuff like that really does to your body.
And things change. My father has been on a different medication that’s a beta blocker for over 30 years and it’s worked great. Like someone throwing a light switch a couple weeks back all that changed, he started feeling bad and went to the ER. Turns out his pulse rate was 45. Who knows why but things just change sometimes.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had great BP up untill January 4th 2016. On that day I had what I thought was a heart attack. They took me down to the clinic in Pinedale Wyoming and when they took my BP it was 265 over 213. It took 3 glycerin tablets under my tongue to get it back down in the 135/95 range. From that day on I've been on Amlodipine and Losartin and any time I go to high altitude I've got to really watch it. Life is goofier than a monkey on either!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder this too. The new target numbers at the Heart Hospital have been 110/60 lately. I had a 116/61 about a year ago and the doc seemed pretty excited about that.

My doc doesn’t seem to subscribe to that so much and told me if I could keep it around 130/90 he’d be happy.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder this too. The new target numbers at the Heart Hospital have been 110/60 lately. I had a 116/61 about a year ago and the doc seemed pretty excited about that.
Yeah mine is around 105/60 all the time, been taking minimal BP and cholesterol meds for the last 30y as preventive when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Without it's 120/70ish

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah mine is around 105/60 all the time, been taking minimal BP and cholesterol meds for the last 30y as preventive when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Without it's 120/70ish
What BP medicine if not too nosey. I'm still at 145/80 taking Amlodipine and need to fix it.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What BP medicine if not too nosey. I'm still at 145/80 taking Amlodipine and need to fix it.
I was taking Olmesartan(Benicar), amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide(Tribenzor). I had to get off the HCTZ as it messed me with me during the summer while at work. Damned warnings on the bottle say "avoid direct sunlight."
I lost 60lbs and started having bad edema in my legs. That's a side effect for amlodipine, so Dr took me off that.
Olmesartan(Benicar) is what I'm on and doing ok.
My BP is running elevated now because of TKR and pain in the other.

Latest posts

Top Bottom