Darn Blood Pressure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple months back I had my annual blood test/checkup and found my blood pressure was running high. I’m on a low dose of lisinopril and apparently it wasn’t cutting the mustard, after charting it for two weeks I was running an average of 148/96. Started monkeying around with what time of the day is best for me with no improvement so my doc decided to double my dose taking one 10mg pill in the morning and one just before bed. Took three weeks to see any change but now I think I may have gone a little too far. For the last week I’ve been running pretty low having just taken another reading that was 106/60 😳. Gettin’ old stinks.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My doc tried me out on Lisinopril but it just F'd me up
I’ve been in it for at least a decade with no ill side effects but all of a sudden it wasn’t doing the job. Story of my life…..I quit smoking and a year later developed asthma. Lost 55 pounds over last year and now I’m having BP problems. This getting healthy stuff is gonna kill me.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A couple months back I had my annual blood test/checkup and found my blood pressure was running high. I’m on a low dose of lisinopril and apparently it wasn’t cutting the mustard, after charting it for two weeks I was running an average of 148/96. Started monkeying around with what time of the day is best for me with no improvement so my doc decided to double my dose taking one 10mg pill in the morning and one just before bed. Took three weeks to see any change but now I think I may have gone a little too far. For the last week I’ve been running pretty low having just taken another reading that was 106/60 😳. Gettin’ old stinks.
But do you feel bad or dizzy when it's 106/60?

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My doc tried me out on Lisinopril but it just F'd me up....I couldn't do much of anything so she put me back on Micardis. Now I can function pretty much like a human and not a zombie.
I’ve been in it for at least a decade with no ill side effects but all of a sudden it wasn’t doing the job. Story of my life…..I quit smoking and a year later developed asthma. Lost 55 pounds over last year and now I’m having BP problems. This getting healthy stuff is gonna kill me.
My wife is on that Lisinopril and we are trying to get her off it. At random it seems to stop working or go into over drive mode and really do a number on her for a month. Afterwards it levels right out. I think she is getting bad batches of the drug or somehting, but that may be my tinfoil hat talking.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quit valsartan cause they said it caused cancer. Went with lisinipril and it didn't do much. After my stroke found they had a new valsartan formula and went with it. Along with no salt and no Mtn. Dew I'm down to 128/83 kind have braincloud some days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom