Darn Blood Pressure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has been a while, but I used to take the Lisinipril. After a visit with a new doctor, she recommended Losartan Potassium as an alternative to the Lisinipril. If I remember right, she said it was about the same but I would be coughing less. Apparently, Lisinipril causes some of that. I think I once heard that Lisinipril also affects one's libido, but I wouldn't know on that.

My blood pressure seems to generally be pretty good, except when I go to the doctor's office. When the pressure is tested there, I tend to be about 30 to 40 points higher.
Yeah the Lisinopril cough is common. I started getting the cough after a couple years of taking it. Also, it’s not uncommon to have elevated BP when you go to the doctor. They call it white coat syndrome.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
106/60 is a little low, but not bad if it’s a resting BP. Also people that are in good shape, like runners tend to have low blood pressure. I had to be taken off BP meds when I was running a lot because my BP would get so low I’d be tired all the time. My advice to people with BP problems is to invest in a BP monitor that you can put around your wrist. Check your BP twice a day (morning and evening). Then write down your readings and the time they’re taken. If you’re consistently running too high or too low show your BP reading to you doctor and they can make the necessary adjustments. Also, it can take time to find what BP med works for you. Everyone reacts differently to BP meds. Recording your readings will make it a lot easier for your doctor to find out what works for you.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doc put the wife on Lisinopril and it caused gum problems and cost around $2,000 to the Orthodontist. Bad stuff and the Dr should have warned her, the dentist called him and told Hume the side effects.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ironically, Ace Inhibitors (Lisinopril) are considered 1st line therapy for hypertension if you also have congestive heart failure, kidney disease or diabetes. They have substantially reduced the morbidity and mortality rates in these populations. So, they do save lives if you can tolerate them.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
same deal- last summer mine went up and I have stopped taking baby aspirin cause yard work was making me bleed like crazy. finally went to doc- and they raised the dose. Went back in a couple months and it was too low, so we adjusted back where I was. If I would get my mind right and loose 50 pounds it would be a lot better, I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom