Another UBG Holster for me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a new holster is really tight, wrap the pistol in a bread bag or wax paper, shove it in the holster, and leave it overnight. It will loosen up just a little. Then just wear it with the pistol in it and let it break in to your body. Mitch Rosen also sells a product called Leather Lightning. It’s the only compound I’d use to help break a holster in. NEVER use saddle soap or leather softeners of any other kind. They will make the holster floppy and leave you with a poorly fitted holster, kind of like wearing your gun in a leather sock. Not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recently read a posted method on another site and was curious what thoughts would be on it. Said to leave the holster overnight in the freezer, pull out and snugly put your gun in. While holster warms it will help shape to the gun......

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Maybe go ahead and get the holster and then the gun will follow......tends to work in my world!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently read a posted method on another site and was curious what thoughts would be on it. Said to leave the holster overnight in the freezer, pull out and snugly put your gun in. While holster warms it will help shape to the gun......

Nah. Just bag it overnight and wear it. A good leather holster is already shaped to the gun. I can’t see any reason to freeze it and it might damage it.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My UBG was ordered on 10/28/18 and arrived today! A great turn-around for a made-to-order holster. Quality is very good and will compare it with the Craft holster when it arrives. Also ordered a couple of VeraCarry's as a stop gap until the customs arrived. Guess what? They also arrived today!

IMG_1801.JPG

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm happy to see Nate widened his belt loops. I bought one of his owb holsters way back when and my belt barely fit thru the slots.

Good lookin' scabbard. :thumb:

Mighta been your belt, I’ve had UBG’s for a long time and never had an issue with the 1.5 “ belt slots, even using a double thickness Kramer Horsehide Belt. On a less thick. Let, like a Wilderness, they are even a little loose it seems. They are made to fit the 1.5” belts that Nate also makes, but really, any 1.5” belt should slide in there okay. Try some lube; maybe give it a kiss or two beforehand?

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nate makes good stuff. I have one of his EARLY holsters, probably 2007 (Just looked and that was when he started). It's still in amazing condition from being used daily for 9 years. I'd still use it now if I didn't run a weapon light.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mighta been your belt, I’ve had UBG’s for a long time and never had an issue with the 1.5 “ belt slots, even using a double thickness Kramer Horsehide Belt. On a less thick. Let, like a Wilderness, they are even a little loose it seems. They are made to fit the 1.5” belts that Nate also makes, but really, any 1.5” belt should slide in there okay. Try some lube; maybe give it a kiss or two beforehand?

If it was a while back, GED was probably using a kydex lined Loopers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom