another "What is this?"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have found two of these laying in the street on my morning walks within the last six or eight weeks. Looks like a giant roll pin. Any ideas?
roll pin1.jpg
roll pin2.jpg

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think it's a roll pin. The 'seam' is jagged and looks more like a crack. It looks like it's MIM as well.

It could be a bushing that gets pressed into a wooden beam so the wood wont get crushed when the bolt is tightened, like for a cross beam at the top of a utility pole.

Woody

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think it's a roll pin. The 'seam' is jagged and looks more like a crack. It looks like it's MIM as well.

It could be a bushing that gets pressed into a wooden beam so the wood wont get crushed when the bolt is tightened, like for a cross beam at the top of a utility pole.

Woody

Yes, that is a full length 'crack'. I'm sure it developed along a seam, or it wouldn't be that uniform. Both of them I have found were that way. You might have something there. Our utilities are all underground, but we have utility poles right outside the addition, and it is not unusual to see O.G.&E. trucks in our neighborhood. I may have to throw this in my truck and hang on to it. Next time I see one of those crews in the neighborhood, stop and ask 'em if they recognize it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom