Antifa vs. Alt-Right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Let's be clear here. What's happening in the United States right now did not appear from the outside, and it did not appear suddenly. It was not precipitated by extremists of color. It is not inspired by a dedication to the losing side of a 156-year-old war. It is the culmination of decades of quietly learned sentiment given catalyst by the election of a President who appears sympathetic.

There is no mystery about where this came from. It came from Main Street. It's in grandmothers who moved out of town into the suburbs because too many brown people moved into their neighborhood. It's in the mothers telling their children to avoid parts of town simply because it's the non-white part. It's in jokes about black people being better athletes. It's in the jokes my coworker makes about Mexicans working harder than white boys. It's in the people on Facebook and news websites who comment things like "Why can't people just be nice?" during coverage of a protest over the shooting of an unarmed person by a government worker (police). For several decades, comfort has been the major motivation of racism. "Don't go into that part of town. Don't make friends with that new family down the street. Don't talk about ugly things when you could focus on nice things. It makes me uncomfortable to talk about that police shooting and the petition to change the street named after a KKK leader in the 1920s. Can't we talk about something else?

Now all those kids raised in comfortable racism have reached puberty, have gotten angry, and have found an outlet for what their parents gently taught them, both by word and example. All they've done is taken the peaceful racism of the prior generation into the streets with youthful vigor and put it into practice. Economy is bad, school is expensive, being culturally aware requires behavior change, all of that combined leads to stress, leads to shame, leads to anger. What to do? People who are angry lash out. They blame. Who do they blame? Well, the President of the United States himself says the immigrants, the Muslims, the black activists, and very specifically, our previous black President, the first black President ever, have caused all our problems. He's the President. Doesn't he have authority? Isn't what he says important? Shouldn't he know things? Presidents know things. Our parents know things. What the President is insinuating and what our parents insinuated for years suddenly fit together. Surely that means it's true.

What do you do if you are angry, have an enemy to blame, and interpret support from the highest office of power in the nation? You step from a previously silent, underground, online movement into a public, loud, physical one. So they did, and it horrified the people who did not predict this, did not know it was happening behind the scenes for decades. Others were quite aware something like this was coming.

And their parents, you'll notice, who both knowingly and unknowingly taught them which groups are Other, are Enemy, are still sitting behind their computers asking why everyone can't just be nice." (Melissa Miller)

Good grief. What a load of horse shite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good grief. What a load of horse shite.

Yep, total horseshit that hate is a learned and modeled trait

2.bp.blogspot.com__U1SxeZa7S0E_U62zTFdXLeI_AAAAAAAAJgc_h9m4xRe1cb300b90ee11f8c9b2416a9807ef44a.jpg

But i do agree the article is too over the top.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There will be more...

More torchlight parades
More clashes
More cars driven into crowds of people
There will be bombings
There will be Fury and Fire

It will become necessary to impose a police state.

By pure serendipity, we have a "law and order" president and an Attorney General with a police state mentality.
How fortunate we are.
Perhaps, but that "police state" imposition (ergo; Martial Law) could be just what some pray will happen because 'Martial Law' (if it's Nation wide) = attempted gun confiscation. Ah . . . notice I said 'attempted'. :pms2:

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Telling kids to avoid certain parts of town does not necessarily imply racism. It can, that I grant; but it could also be motivated by fear of violence.

Last edited:

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What we are really suffering from is a serious amount of over-reaction to a relatively small extremely isolated, in political terms, loose agglomeration of extremists.
The old Neo-Nazis of Skokie, IL fame could routinely (for a little while) turn out bigger groups. America once prided itself that those marchers - regardless of what one thought of their views - could speak their ideas and would be countered by other, hopefully better, ideas. Free speech was the principle we really cherished, even speech we hated, yet, nowadays we seem to have devolved to where we believe that Free "approved or politically correct" speech is all we care about - which really means we don't care about free speech very much, at least not as much as we care about making sure only what we like is heard.

Heck, one poster in this thread even derided "Fee Speech" as just a canard - that is a sad and shameful position for any American to hold. I don't like these neo-Nazis, I didn't like the ones in Skokie either, but my liking or disliking them is irrelevant. I also don't like ninja-outfitted Anti-FA (anti First Amendment) thugs and Black Nationalists/Separatists but that doesn't mean I want their right to speak suppressed. Counter lies, distortions, and hate with truth, and with evident respect for the principles we enshrine in our Constitution not with more hate. Now, that all applies to speech/peaceful protest only - no one, regardless of their political position has the right to injure or attack (real physical injury not the contention that "words injure") others whether to make their own point or prevent the other from speaking. Anyone who does that has crossed a line and is now a criminal who needs to be treated as such. But also keep in mind that this is still America we don't (or shouldn't) engage in group condemnations simply because some individual has committed a reprehensible act. This is a challenging problem both personally, at least for me and I assume for many others, and for us as a nation.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 100% media driven frenzy and you people are there everyday waiting for the buffet to open.

BINGO! We have a winner. Russia wasn't getting the leftist anywhere, so they turn to this incident.
I didn't see the MSM media excoriate Bernie Sanders when one if of his ardent supporters went on a congressional shooting spree.
Anybody?
I didn't see the MSM press excoriate Obama when he rushed to judgment in his ignorance when high profile cases about blacks happened like Michael Brown and others.
In 8 years did anybody see the MSM press excoriate Obama from refusing to say Islamic terrorists?
Yet, Trump immediately goes out and denounces the bigotry and violence, while waiting for the full facts to be known before going out and pointing fingers at the bigotry, violence and hatred that was on display by both sides.
Meanwhile the MSM explodes in faux anger, frothing at the mouth and hysteria, because Trump didn't point fingers instantly.

So all of you higher and mightier leftists, liberals, and snowflake progressives out there (in your own minds) really need to hang your heads in shame at the MSM press for jumping on Trump so hard while giving a pass to others like Obama that did much worse.
If it's so dammed wrong for Trump, it was equally wrong that Obama did it.
If it's wrong for one person it's wrong for everyone, yet you trumpet your moral selective faux outrage like your some higher authority.
It's no dammed wonder your party is in complete disarray and you can't win an election any more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom