Antifa vs. Alt-Right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well thats the latest instance of him lighting the fuse to a bomb he already defused ...he's done.

He is to arrogant to make a difference he's done as a President, he will be lucky to accomplish anything in 4 years and thatsmif he makes it tnourhg the first 12 months ....and I doubt he will

Well by all means, please share with us the Charlotesville statements Trump made that are so inflammatory, I guess some of us might have missed them.

Under Obama, when Republicans didn't think they would ever retain ownership of Congress, they tried over 60 times to kill or change Obamacare. Then suddenly when they took control, they lost testicular fortitude. Congress has put up a road block at every intersection to block Trump, because they don't want to own it.

Illegals are running scared of Trump. They're putting up tent cities along the Canadian border to help house the influx of illegals.

Trump put a Conservative on SCOTUS! Of course I would like Trump to do more, but he's done more than I thought he would. If he quits right now, he's ahead in the game.

You can complain and whine all you want, but the fact is, he's better than Clinton.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"The anti-Semite has chosen hate because hate is a faith; at the outset he has chosen to devaluate words and reasons. How entirely at ease he feels as a result. How futile and frivolous discussions about the rights of the Jew appear to him. He has pleased himself on other ground from the beginning. If out of courtesy he consents for a moment to defend his point of view, he lends himself but does not give himself. He tries simply to project his intuitive certainty onto the plane of discourse. I mentioned awhile back some remarks by anti-Semites, all of them absurd: "I hate Jews because they make servants insubordinate, because a Jewish furrier robbed me, etc." Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past. It is not that they are afraid of being convinced. They fear only to appear ridiculous or to prejudice by their embarrassment their hope of winning over some third person to their side. If then, as we have been able to observe, the anti-Semite is impervious to reason and to experience, it is not because his conviction is strong. Rather his conviction is strong because he has chosen first of all to be impervious" (Jean Paul-Sartre).

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"The anti-Semite has chosen hate because hate is a faith; at the outset he has chosen to devaluate words and reasons. How entirely at ease he feels as a result. How futile and frivolous discussions about the rights of the Jew appear to him. He has pleased himself on other ground from the beginning. If out of courtesy he consents for a moment to defend his point of view, he lends himself but does not give himself. He tries simply to project his intuitive certainty onto the plane of discourse. I mentioned awhile back some remarks by anti-Semites, all of them absurd: "I hate Jews because they make servants insubordinate, because a Jewish furrier robbed me, etc." Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past. It is not that they are afraid of being convinced. They fear only to appear ridiculous or to prejudice by their embarrassment their hope of winning over some third person to their side. If then, as we have been able to observe, the anti-Semite is impervious to reason and to experience, it is not because his conviction is strong. Rather his conviction is strong because he has chosen first of all to be impervious" (Jean Paul-Sartre).
I agree. And there's lots of anti-Semitism in Islam.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well by all means, please share with us the Charlotesville statements Trump made that are so inflammatory, I guess some of us might have missed them.

Under Obama, when Republicans didn't think they would ever retain ownership of Congress, they tried over 60 times to kill or change Obamacare. Then suddenly when they took control, they lost testicular fortitude. Congress has put up a road block at every intersection to block Trump, because they don't want to own it.

Illegals are running scared of Trump. They're putting up tent cities along the Canadian border to help house the influx of illegals.

Trump put a Conservative on SCOTUS! Of course I would like Trump to do more, but he's done more than I thought he would. If he quits right now, he's ahead in the game.

You can complain and whine all you want, but the fact is, he's better than Clinton.

He should have stuck with his first press conference statement and said refer all future questions to that statement. I am aware of Congress sucks it is their fault for not being prepared to replace Obamacare they should be fired ...... make no mistake pumpkin I am not whining I am calling it like I see it...... and I voted for him because he was the only alternative ......you can be in the Trump nut huggers club as long as you want but TRUMP is responsible for most of his major controversies .....he's collapsing from mostly SELF INFLICTED WOUNDS......you just can't help a guy like that .

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. With the exception of Buddhism, we see a great deal in all major religious ideologies.
All the Christians I have ever known respect Judaism and Jews. Jesus and the 12 apostles were Jewish, after all. Then there's the entire OT.

I have read some very antisemitic writings from Martin Luther, however.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trump said that many people on the Unite the Right side were not white supremacists. Then later he said there were good people on both sides. They've taken the latter remark put of context and accused him of saying that some of the white supremacists were good people.

Just ain't so.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trump said that many people on the Unite the Right side were not white supremacists. Then later he said there were good people on both sides. They've taken the latter remark put of context and accused him of saying that some of the white supremacists were good people.

Just ain't so.
So Everybody protesting the removal of the monuments is a white supremacists and none were good people, is that what they're claiming?

Latest posts

Top Bottom