Antifa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious... Aside from allowing a certain segment of the population, regardless of how misguided they are, to believe in, promote and speak about, communism what other ideas should we ban people from thinking about and promoting? What other constitutionally protected actions should we prohibit those we disagree with from enjoying?

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious... Aside from allowing a certain segment of the population, regardless of how misguided they are, to believe in, promote and speak about, communism what other ideas should we ban people from thinking about and promoting? What other constitutionally protected actions should we prohibit those we disagree with from enjoying?
Yelling FIRE in a crowded theater.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If an ideology promotes the annihilation of bill of rights and republican government then it shouldn't be allowed to be promoted and spread . They are advocating the use of liberty to destroy the same. It makes no sense and is evil at its core.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Homosexual (and heterosexual) child grooming.

Backwards toilet paper

Pineapple pizza

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
James Madison and Thomas Jefferson were very much for freedom of speech being an absolute right. I knew there was a quote about this very thing from him but couldn't remember it. It took a while to find it.

Very good article about Madison and Jefferson and their thoughts on free speech:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/09/james-madison-free-speech-rights-must-be-absolute-nearly/
"Our First Amendment freedoms give us the right to think what we like and say what we please. And if we the people are to govern ourselves, we must have these rights, even if they are misused by a minority." - James Madison

“If there be any among us who would wish to dissolve this Union or to change its republican form, let them stand undisturbed as monuments of the safety with which error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let’s flip that question back on them. Would they let a racist or a Nazi have the freedom to spew their hatred in public?

No.

Now I tend to agree with you about freedom of speech. The problem isn’t the freedom part, it’s the responsibility part. They have their thumbs on the scales. They spew their reprehensible rhetoric from their safe spaces, protected by instant video uploads to the cloud, media amplification and a weaponized 800 pound government gorilla standing by to pull their fat out of the fire, even if it takes years.

Look at how they all flipped their lids when a teenager capped their sorry asses and they couldn’t retaliate against him. They collectively lost their **** over it. Not because they actually cared about the guys who got exactly what they deserved. Nope, it was because Kyle had the gall to stand up to their ideology.

In a just country, these assclowns wouldn’t get any traction in the local rag, much less national media. They’d be scorned, cussed out and the second they got froggy they’d get their asses beat and then run out of town. Then no one would ever hear from them again.

There’d be no need to make their rhetoric illegal, because people would just take out the trash and be done with them. But we don’t live in a just world. We live in a world where the inmates run the asylum. Welcome to the thunderdome.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even literal Nazis believe in freedom of speech.

E56A15DE-8F80-4DE6-953D-9A1C7DE0088B.jpeg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let’s flip that question back on them. Would they let a racist or a Nazi have the freedom to spew their hatred in public?

No.

Now I tend to agree with you about freedom of speech. The problem isn’t the freedom part, it’s the responsibility part. They have their thumbs on the scales. They spew their reprehensible rhetoric from their safe spaces, protected by instant video uploads to the cloud, media amplification and a weaponized 800 pound government gorilla standing by to pull their fat out of the fire, even if it takes years.

Look at how they all flipped their lids when a teenager capped their sorry asses and they couldn’t retaliate against him. They collectively lost their **** over it. Not because they actually cared about the guys who got exactly what they deserved. Nope, it was because Kyle had the gall to stand up to their ideology.

In a just country, these assclowns wouldn’t get any traction in the local rag, much less national media. They’d be scorned, cussed out and the second they got froggy they’d get their asses beat and then run out of town. Then no one would ever hear from them again.

There’d be no need to make their rhetoric illegal, because people would just take out the trash and be done with them. But we don’t live in a just world. We live in a world where the inmates run the asylum. Welcome to the thunderdome.

I don't disagree. There's what I'd like to do to these people and there's what can be done within the framework of the laws laid down by our founders. Maybe it's just me but I believe that law applies to everyone. Yes, there's a line that can be crossed and when it is crossed is when we deal with it.

I wouldn't have any issues myself just scooping them up in a loader and dumping them of a really high bridge. But I also know the difference between right and wrong.

Obviously, mine is not a popular opinion but it's still my opinion.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is crux of it, imo. Not that many years ago this stuff would have been condemned by all but the fringe. Now, it's celebrated by half the population, plus tolerated by another 20% that are too afraid to say anything-- all powered by main stream propaganda.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even literal Nazis believe in freedom of speech.

View attachment 371290

LOL Lincoln Rockwell was an attention seeker at best. Let's see what the original OG Nazis said about free speech

Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state. - Adolf Hitler

We have to put a stop to the idea that it is a part of everybody's civil rights to say whatever he pleases. - Adolf Hitler

Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose. - Joseph Goebbels

Latest posts

Top Bottom