Any arachnologists on the forum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spiders are cool, just not in or on my house. Carry on, Spidey.
I'm not even that concerned about on my house, as long as they don't build their webs in my walkways. I have orb weavers that build huge webs in my front yard, from the big oak trees to the eaves, and I leave them alone as long as they don't build them across the walkways. No matter how you feel about spiders in general, nobody wants to spend the morning picking spider silk out of their hair.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in California we had black widows every where, way more than the brown recluses I see here, and those do freak me out because they are the most deadly spider in North America, you dont always survive that bite...
Their venom is a deadly neurotoxin (unlike the fiddleback's, which is a necrotic), but they can't normally inject enough to be dangerous to a human. As I recall, there hasn't been a single death from a black widow bite recorded in Oklahoma.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I first moved to rural Grady county I found a recluse probably once a day in the house. Now my "rural" area is not nearly as such so I suspect that has a role in less sightings. I have only seen 2 in the past 2 months since they became active following winter. I hate the very appearance of a recluse, they just look and act evil.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

The only thing I hate about the Recluse is how fast they move when you try to scoop them up and take them outside. I don't want them to bite me and I wish so very much how I could tell them it is alright and that I have no intention on hurting them if they would just sit tight.

Fun Fact: Spiders would be at the top of the food chain if they were the size of a small dog.

Spiders are cool, just not in or on my house. Carry on, Spidey.

Sent from my meh, using my meh.

Keep a jumper by your window. They kill those pesky flies and they won't bother you at all unless you have your mattress under a window.

I'm not even that concerned about on my house, as long as they don't build their webs in my walkways. I have orb weavers that build huge webs in my front yard, from the big oak trees to the eaves, and I leave them alone as long as they don't build them across the walkways. No matter how you feel about spiders in general, nobody wants to spend the morning picking spider silk out of their hair.

Orb weavers scare the ever loving **** out of me. Pardon my language but ever since I saw one that was pretty much the size of my entire chest... It happened a few years ago when I was a small boy but I will swear to this day, up and down and before any god you wish me to swear to that I saw its fans and that I am not exaggerating its size. I'll deal with hunting spiders all day long but a webslingers... Especially the Orb Weaver... Heeeeeeellllll no. **** dat. I'm out. Bye. Cya. Caio. Google Translate "I'm gettin' the **** outta Dodge" into any language you like. That is what my response will be every time I see a spider web, with a spider or not, or, heavens have mercy, walk into one. It drives me crazy to walk into those because it just makes me so ******* paranoid...

Again... Pardon my language but... Shoot...

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing I hate about the Recluse is how fast they move when you try to scoop them up and take them outside. I don't want them to bite me and I wish so very much how I could tell them it is alright and that I have no intention on hurting them if they would just sit tight.

Fun Fact: Spiders would be at the top of the food chain if they were the size of a small dog.

Keep a jumper by your window. They kill those pesky flies and they won't bother you at all unless you have your mattress under a window.

Orb weavers scare the ever loving **** out of me. Pardon my language but ever since I saw one that was pretty much the size of my entire chest... It happened a few years ago when I was a small boy but I will swear to this day, up and down and before any god you wish me to swear to that I saw its fans and that I am not exaggerating its size. I'll deal with hunting spiders all day long but a webslingers... Especially the Orb Weaver... Heeeeeeellllll no. **** dat. I'm out. Bye. Cya. Caio. Google Translate "I'm gettin' the **** outta Dodge" into any language you like. That is what my response will be every time I see a spider web, with a spider or not, or, heavens have mercy, walk into one. It drives me crazy to walk into those because it just makes me so ******* paranoid...

Again... Pardon my language but... Shoot...

Thanks, but my pest control is, well, under control.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder if this will kill grubworms. I have some spots in the yard indicating grubs. Circle patches of dead grass.

No. Use Dominion 2L. It is the most cost effective if you have a large yard. I have 1.25 acres and apply it twice a year before hatchings. Another benefit is that you can use it anywhere outside for pretty much any pest. I use it on turf grass and ONLY systemically for trees(non-edible) and large bushes to try and make sure to avoid killing bees. The company says it will not cause CCD but I don't want to take a chance and I'm not sure anyone else knows what does and doesn't cause it yet either. We have a huge Yaupon Holly tree that fills with bees for a couple of weeks a year that I refuse to treat even systemically because I do not want to take a chance of killing them. Sorry for rambling. Dominion 2L will kill grubs very well.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are officially the OSA chemist. Lol Thanks

Lmao. Far from it, trust me. It is merely from shopping, reading, asking questions on that website and seeing first hand the results of implementation. That's pretty much it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom