I Discovered Something Kinda Freaky...Wish I Could Get A Picture.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Man...if that isn't a click-bait title nothing is! 🤣

I was walking out to the garden after dark with a flashlight. As the light shined across the ground I saw what I thought were maybe hundreds of fireflies in the grass. But none were flying and I thought that was odd. They were moving across the ground, though.

I shined the light on one firefly and was able to walk to it and get a closer look. Not a firefly at all. It was a spider and it was it's eyes glowing in the dark just like a deer would when a light is shined in their eyes. Tiny little green dots. They look similar to a wolf spider...maybe that's what they are. Really common tan and brown colored spiders with dark stripes.

Literally hundreds of them just in a small area. The ground is alive with them it seems. Showed this to my wife. She may not sleep for a week or more.
Had an ex that lived out in Elgin.

They had this land that was covered in hills, normal for that area?

One night her cousin that lived there showed me what was out there, right as dusk 10s of thousands of tarantulas came out of one.

So many...they ground was alive with them, he used a weed burner on a gas cylinder to keep them away from the house.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They just walk past the house and eat bugs. They do no harm
There was one living at the OKC gun Club at the old plinking range. I saw him so many times at night that I named him George.

Oh and to the OP, if you really want pics of something freaky, just let me know. I can help. 😈😈😈😈😈

Latest posts

Top Bottom