Any credit gurus here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully, between that and you teaching him to live debt free he'll be ahead of the game
Thanks, I think he will be better off.
He did work 70 hours a week last summer and he works every weekend during school (Works in the calf barns for Braums and loves it) He saved and paid cash for his truck (only $3,000) and I am not letting him learn how to get into unnecessary debt.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of our kids had jobs in highschool as did me and my wife. They all buy their own phones and pay the service. I helped with down payments but they have all picked out and bought their own cars themselves and paid their own insurance and upkeep. The kids all get bank accounts with debit cards when they start working and I have fought all of them while helping them with their money. I forgot that girls like to shop. The older kids have been warned continuously by me about racking up CC debt, so much theyre tired of hearing about it. I cant help it, I just want them all to work towards building good credit from the start and not to screw up as much as I did at their age and have to work hard to clean it all up later on down the road. End the cycle.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
My kids were not offered that class when they were in school. That should be mandatory before graduation from HS.

I only graduated from school 7 years ago. When I was a junior I took a personal finance class. It was a joke, just an optional class, and the only thing they taught was how to balance a checkbook and using a calculator and making a budget. Schools don't make it as big of a deal as they need to, and I would love it if they made more of a series of classes, just to introduce the ideas of investing, budgeting, interest, bank accounts, real life applications of money and how it impacts people and the economy. These things were never even mentioned, and I had to learn about them after school on my own. They are things that fascinate me and are great things to know, but are ignored in school.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been spending tons of time the past 2 years cleaning up my credit from my younger dumber days, as I realized that I actually may need credit now that i'm a "grown man" (More or less). I've in that time taken my credit score from a 560-570ish to a 710-720ish. Now, in the state of OK, the Statute of limitations in 7 years, and according to the FCRA the amount of time it takes for a delinquency to drop off of a credit report is 7 years. At least to the Best of my knowledge.

The thing that is nagging me right now is that I have a debt (Car Repo, bad circumstances, bad choices, and bad dealership) that was posted as bad on my credit October of 2007. It is now off of my Experian report as of November '14, but not my other two. How do I go about getting it removed from the other two? It should be gone right?

If a perfectly formatted letter to the credit bureaus is the only route, does anyone know the best place to find examples and templates for formatting? I cant find much online that isn't a little ripoff company that just wants your money so they can "fix" you credit.

I wanna get this done so I can start house shopping.
If it was reported on the credit report at the same time by law it has to be removed after 7 years. Open a request on the credit companies website.

Latest posts

Top Bottom