Any credit gurus here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the flight is free but opnce you land you better have some money. I was in a position like this years ago where it wouldnt have mattered if the travel was free, I couldnt afford the vacation itself. Now days, people who make $40k a year are barely buying the groceries and paying the light bill. They can't afford a trip involving hotels, eating out or tickets to Disney for a family of 5. Free flight or not.

Your opinion is yours. There are folks that live with in their means and although not rich take vacations that only involve the gas to get there, and maybe a rental something.

I can drive to the Buffalo River in Arkansas, rent a canoe for a day at $40, float through the first national river in the US with no development within 12 miles of each side, and have one heck of a good vacation.

One doesn't need a three star resort to enjoy life.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your opinion is yours. There are folks that live with in their means and although not rich take vacations that only involve the gas to get there, and maybe a rental something.

I can drive to the Buffalo River in Arkansas, rent a canoe for a day at $40, float through the first national river in the US with no development within 12 miles of each side, and have one heck of a good vacation.

One doesn't need a three star resort to enjoy life.
Your absolutely right, it CAN be done I think but for the majority of folks that might live close to that poverty level (what is it now? ) its not always possible for some less resourceful to find those deal. I look for deals but I also like nice accomodations when we vacation so there is that trade off. Last vacation deal I looked for was an all inclusive resort in the caribbean for 3 and it was going to cost a pretty penny. Those used to be pretty cheap...15 years ago.
Anyway, I'm done in this thread. Im not an expert but I gave my opinion. To those who took it as gospel, it was only my opinion.
Amd Im a PWR.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your absolutely right, it CAN be done I think but for the majority of folks that might live close to that poverty level (what is it now? ) its not always possible for some less resourceful to find those deal. I look for deals but I also like nice accomodations when we vacation so there is that trade off. Last vacation deal I looked for was an all inclusive resort in the caribbean for 3 and it was going to cost a pretty penny. Those used to be pretty cheap...15 years ago.
Anyway, I'm done in this thread. Im not an expert but I gave my opinion. To those who took it as gospel, it was only my opinion.
Amd Im a PWR.

I'm not disagreeing with your position. What I am saying is that some folks that are financially responsible at the 40K level can take a world class vacation if they manage their finances correctly. People canoe the Buffalo River in AR from all over the world.

RidgeRunner does it all the time!

Latest posts

Top Bottom