Any interest in another round of shotguns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would never use a long gun to clear a house. People that teach defensive techniques say that when you see that barrel come around the corner, just grab it and you have control of the situation.
Pistols come to bear much quicker than a rifle or shotgun.
That being said, my pistol is to buy time to get to my rifle while I take up a defensive position and wait for the folks that get paid to clear homes to get there.
If I can't contact them, I'll patiently wait for the invaders to come to me.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.40sw? I'm sure it does better against barriers and overall penetration than 9mm. In compact guns, you only trade 1 round for better performance. Sounds like a good deal.

Shotguns? I'd rather not blow my walls and ears up. Gonna slap a silencer on my sig 226. Also, shotguns are harder for family members to use without training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And if you clear your house with one, the perp just grabs the muzzle when you go around the corner. Lots of video's out there to back that up.

The shotgun muzzle is actually about the same distance away from you as a pistol held out with your arms fully extended. Give it a try. Then again, you can tuck a handgun way more in than you can a boom stick.

But... if there's a confirmed baddie in my house, you'll find me shivering inside my bedroom wearing a recently soiled pair of undies instead of looking inside the fridge for said baddie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom