Any IT or Computer jobs open

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Curious myslef. Good IT help is hard to find.

IT help is easy. Skills are always missing. Basic skills like reporting writing, technical paper editing, network scaling and documentation - see the pattern yet? Last two guys I interviewed couldn' even use Excel, but they called themselves Network Admins. Neither got hired.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This post got me thinking. My son is applying at OSU and is going to take computer engineering. He has been accepted into honors class, is he getting into a field that is going to be hard to find/keep a job? He likes th cyber security end of computers

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This post got me thinking. My son is applying at OSU and is going to take computer engineering. He has been accepted into honors class, is he getting into a field that is going to be hard to find/keep a job? He likes th cyber security end of computers

Cyber security is a good specialty imo. There are still tons of companies, even among the Fortune 500, that have a ton of growing left to do in that area.
2013 was a big year, 2014 was a huge year, i feel that 2015 is going to be bigger. The hits are going to be bigger and harder and we'll need even more good people working defense.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good choice of major. Make sure the skills are rounded out with skills outside of IT. Things like report writing, direction following, punctuality, proper dress for the position etc. Those things seperate out the good interviewers.

ParkingLot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curious myslef. Good IT help is hard to find.

IT help is easy. Skills are always missing. Basic skills like reporting writing, technical paper editing, network scaling and documentation - see the pattern yet? Last two guys I interviewed couldn' even use Excel, but they called themselves Network Admins. Neither got hired.

It's posts like this that make me think I can get into IT. I use Excel to keep track of my loads trucking. I just wish I had enough time at home to take some classes and get some certifications so I can get out of the truck and spend more time with my 5 mo. old daughter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom