Any pool players on here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby13dew

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone plays 3/8/9 ball on here. Looking for new places to go shoot,local tournaments or just general pool halls you can find friendly competition.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to play snooker all the time but know I cant find any good places to play, I used to play in the 3 ball tournaments and some 8 and 9 ball but I just dont care for the late nights on a work night and the bar crowd got to stupid for me to tolerate any longer. I dont know any places in your area that has tournaments and most of the places that have good matches in tulsa are just to rough for my liking so I just quit playing about 5 years ago after I saw my 7 stabbing because someone couldnt handle losing.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get in a game in Tulsa at Magoos.

I still play a few foosball tournaments but quit playing pool pretty much local back when Tulsa Billiards Palace closed and I got too busy with businesses (which included at one time a foosball and pool table distribution and coin-op vending and rental company to bars and game rooms). I was there sometimes 24 hours a day playing or backing players. My serious gambling and tournament/touring Tulsa pool and foosball playing friends mostly gravitated to Magoos since it was same management as the Palace as well as a few other places but I dont go there much any more being too busy these days for local tournaments. I will still show up at a Saturday night foosball tournament there here and there and sometimes will stay late to play pool. I hit up a few national meets when I can to keep a foot in the door. I have an interest in a bar in Iowa and play there when Im not busy plus I have tables at home even though they dont get played on much any more with kids gone. Strictly 9 ball for me, 8 ball with the wife and kids. Used to play 3 ball winner takes the pot tournaments back in the day. Grew up playing snooker and billiards in Pawhuska as a kid and have been playing foosball tournaments on the pro tournament tour since the early 80s.

(My fave place to play way back in the day was hanging out at Starbucks in Moore when I would be in OKC visiting my gramma from CA; I also remember playing at Harolds, Cactus Jacks, and recently at Little Dicks Halfway Inn, etc).

Last edited:

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Magoo's is the place to play in Tulsa, all though its not what it once was. Jamaica Joes in Midwest city is the best pool hall in the state and one of the best in the country right now. Their equipment is the absolute best you can find anywhere. A couple of pro players hang out there when they are in town. That alone brings in a lot of action. They have 9 ball tournaments but no 3 ball. 3 ball is more of a bar type game and its not even that common in bars anymore. Marlan's back alley billiards is a good place in McAlester.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was at college there in Okmulgee they had a pool hall on campus. I dont know if its still there but worth a look.

Just real crappy tables on campus now. I would play some in the bars there but they were pretty rough crowd for me generally. Never any tournament just played few regulars for pitchers generally. Was there in '12.

Sent via message in a bottle

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just real crappy tables on campus now. I would play some in the bars there but they were pretty rough crowd for me generally. Never any tournament just played few regulars for pitchers generally. Was there in '12.

Sent via message in a bottle
I was there from 87-91 so much has changed I imagine. The rough crowds I know about, usually drunk indians...or native americans rather. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom