Any sportbike riders here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now just imagine how great it would be if it were a CBR1000 ;)

haha, just giving you a hard time

The funny thing is that I had an 08 CBR 1000RR and sold it last May. It was a blast but I just knew I was going to loop it. It loved to stand up. The R1 has more power but you can keep the front end a little closer to the ground. However it will stand up as well.

And I can take a hard time. What year is your CBR?

okie_gunslinger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were you I would take a look at the new Ninja 1000, it has the sport bike look and power but also has a more upright seating position which is more comfortable for longer rides.

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The funny thing is that I had an 08 CBR 1000RR and sold it last May. It was a blast but I just knew I was going to loop it. It loved to stand up. The R1 has more power but you can keep the front end a little closer to the ground. However it will stand up as well.

And I can take a hard time. What year is your CBR?

Mine's 2008 as well. Idk about power, cause mine isn't stock, but stock handling on the CBR is preferable to me over the stock handling of the R1. I never get above about 130mph on the track (at Hallett anyways), and adjusting gearing on any bike is usually sufficient to get faster than your brakes can handle.

To the OP: Sorry for the threadjack Lol

MDO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would agree with most, busa for more commuting and longer highway rides, and the gixxer if you want to go blaze some clover leafs. If your really worried about comfort, then their are more cross over style bikes, that would fit the bill better. Iv built and ridden most any kind of bike. From custom prostreet harleys to old cb750's, kx440's to stretched out busa's and track bikes. My favorite bikes to ride are motards, by far. The factory offered ones are sorta lacking power, but if you get one that was a track bike, that got legalised for the street, best commuter bike EVER! KTM does have a great 450 that is street legal, otherwise you have to deal with getting a cross country bike legalised and then changing over the wheels/tires, and some slight suspension mods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom