Any sportbike riders here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question for the sportbike riders. Given the choice between a 2012 1000 gixxer and a 2012 busa, which would you choose? I've had 4 sportbikes now, all have been 750 gixxers, but I've been thinking about getting a busa. I've got an 84 mile a day commute, so I'm thinking the busa would be more comfortable. Any input?

mprvise

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are mostly a street rider and will be using the bike for commuting and occasional rides in the twisties I'd go for the Busa. If you are a track day junkie and occasionally commute I'd go for the GSXR.

AGI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are mostly a street rider and will be using the bike for commuting and occasional rides in the twisties I'd go for the Busa. If you are a track day junkie and occasionally commute I'd go for the GSXR.

This. I quit riding a few yrs ago but I took a Busa on the Autobahn for a long trip in 2004. They are really comfortable and scary fast.

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely Busa for touring/commuting.

If you were regularly hitting twisties or going out to Hallett, maybe then the 1000. You can still take the Busa to Hallett though! I see em all the time.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were you I would go with the busa for commuting. It will give the most comfort. I currently have an R1 and it is very uncomfortable but when I twist the throttle wide open I just don't care.

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were you I would go with the busa for commuting. It will give the most comfort. I currently have an R1 and it is very uncomfortable but when I twist the throttle wide open I just don't care.

Now just imagine how great it would be if it were a CBR1000 ;)

haha, just giving you a hard time

Latest posts

Top Bottom