Any Versa Max Owners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to buy a new semi-auto shotgun and am looking at these:

Remington Versa Max (tactical)
Mossberg 930 SPX
Benelli M2 or M3

I'm leaning towards the Remington Versa Max. Anyone have any experience with these shotguns? If so, what is your overall impression of the firearm? I've previously owned a Mossberg 930 and a Benelli Super Nova (my favorite pump shotgun) and a Remington 870. With my only experience in semi-auto shotgun being the 930. The versa max is middle of the road on price, but seems to be a great shotgun design from what I have read. Just trying to get some feedback from Okie's firsthand.

Also, I guess I should state my intended purposes. This would be used for mainly turkey's and coyotes and if I ever decide to officially get into 3 gun, that too.

Thanks for any help,

Jake

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one. I won it in a NWTF raffle. I have goose/duck hunted, shot trap for fun, and shot some slugs and buck shot. Basically anything from light 1 1/8 oz loads to heavy payload 3.5 inch loads. No problems at all.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you are recoil sensitive, the VM is for you. QC is still spotty and so the build quality just isnt consistent enough. May be one of those "if you get a good one...", guns.
If you like light, svelte guns that dont feel overly heavy, M2 is it. As a bonus, the M2 is built like a brick sh!thouse and can handle abuse.

In 3gun, VM has its proponents, but M2's are still the king.

930? run away.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one with a lot of rounds through it, Never one hickup. I would say I must have only seen good ones thus far because all of them I have handled have been great in fit and finish.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are recoil sensitive, the VM is for you. QC is still spotty and so the build quality just isnt consistent enough. May be one of those "if you get a good one...", guns.
If you like light, svelte guns that dont feel overly heavy, M2 is it. As a bonus, the M2 is built like a brick sh!thouse and can handle abuse.

In 3gun, VM has its proponents, but M2's are still the king.

930? run away.

I was going cheap (930), a little more (versa) and even more (M2).

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
primary use for M3 is/was in LE capacity with the ability to cycle (by hand) less than lethal low power rounds. Pass on it.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
primary use for M3 is/was in LE capacity with the ability to cycle (by hand) less than lethal low power rounds. Pass on it.

Ahh. Good call. I have an eye on an M2 right now. I'll do some more research before pulling the trigger. Thanks again for all the info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom