Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
9546456D-8615-4B7F-A98B-F4BBA9F2546C.jpeg
38CB122C-FC8E-41EC-8FFE-6DE004810162.jpeg
Didn’t go to Wannamachers, softball tournament got cancelled and it was cold and snowy this morning, so I had time to work on my latest endeavor.

I picked up the Para Ordnance P14 frame here about a month ago. Picked up a new Black Ops slide on eBay, then went with a ramped match barrel. Then started ordering Wilson internals.

I cut the frame for the ramped barrel and got that fit right, then been fitting a little here and there as I went. Finally got it all together today, less the Bomar sight that will be in this week.

I took it out to function test this afternoon and ran 50 rounds through it with 4 malfunctions. 1 failure to feed the last round in the mag, 2 failure to feed during rapid fire and one failure to lock back on an empty mag. All possibly mag related malfunctions. Everything else functions perfectly and is smooth as butter.

Now here is the kicker. This was my first ever 1911 build. That being the case, I’m counting this one as a win. Now to start tuning it and decide if I want to get it cerakoted or what.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up one of these today.
Ruger security 9. Hammer fired polymer frame gun with forward slide serrations, low bore axis, dovetail sights and 3.75lb trigger pull.
View attachment 116678 Same size as a glock 19 with a much better grip and trigger for barely over 3 bills.
If it proves itself reliable it may be my new CCW.
You can use the pistol's magazines in Ruger's new PC carbine. That's a good selling point.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm ready for this thread to get blown up with all the different weapons that are bought at the gun show. Probably gonna be some nice stuff to look at and read about .

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 116784 View attachment 116785 Didn’t go to Wannamachers, softball tournament got cancelled and it was cold and snowy this morning, so I had time to work on my latest endeavor.

I picked up the Para Ordnance P14 frame here about a month ago. Picked up a new Black Ops slide on eBay, then went with a ramped match barrel. Then started ordering Wilson internals.

I cut the frame for the ramped barrel and got that fit right, then been fitting a little here and there as I went. Finally got it all together today, less the Bomar sight that will be in this week.

I took it out to function test this afternoon and ran 50 rounds through it with 4 malfunctions. 1 failure to feed the last round in the mag, 2 failure to feed during rapid fire and one failure to lock back on an empty mag. All possibly mag related malfunctions. Everything else functions perfectly and is smooth as butter.

Now here is the kicker. This was my first ever 1911 build. That being the case, I’m counting this one as a win. Now to start tuning it and decide if I want to get it cerakoted or what.
Outstanding job!!! You did it right and you did it well. Congrats....

Latest posts

Top Bottom