Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FIL passed a little over a year ago from Alzheimer’s and other issues.
MIL has been in assisted living longer than that. We have been prepping the home for sale and auction of contents, finding long guns stashed everywhere, some of which have been posted in this thread. 8 total.
Was working today at the home in Broken Arrow today when spotting a tub stuffed under a work bench. Pulled it out exposing an H&R 9 shot .22 rimfire.
6” ribbed bull barrel, double action model 904.
Appears to be unfired with a little wear on the grip. That issue will be fixed in the morning at the range in the back yard.
Not worth much as it was built in Gardner Mass. after 2000, but it’s not a bad looking pistol with adjustable front and rear sights.
Bonus was a tooled leather cowboy rig. Mexican built holster rig for .38, not .22 but the pistol fits it nicely. Just need to get a cowboy hat, some boots and go strutting. Lol.

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This weeks meager gleanings.
Found a can of 11# magnum muzzleloader primers right under my nose local after looking everywhere. I am going to can those musket caps as they don't stay on , get moisture under them and rust my gun too much around the nipple. These are supposed to be slightly hotter anyway. just couldn't find any lately.

Got another bag of 30/30 cases. I can only get one at a time and he has only one left. Maybe it will be there next week as it is getting close to hunting and STILL 30/30 shells are hard to find. I had enough for me but I now have 3-4 brand new buddies that know I have a stash saying "Hey Cowbaby, can you make me some _____."
So I have to grab while the getting is good to keep up me inventory. After that last bag is gone I don't know where I am going to get more.

Also, found a like new set of 30.06 dies for a steal $19.95 and I don't even have one. But, my best friend does and he needs some ammo. I can crank him out some now and gives me a good excuse to look around for another rifle. lol This day and age it seems prudent to secure the ammo FIRST, then find a gun to run it through.

3006.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FIL passed a little over a year ago from Alzheimer’s and other issues.
MIL has been in assisted living longer than that. We have been prepping the home for sale and auction of contents, finding long guns stashed everywhere, some of which have been posted in this thread. 8 total.
Was working today at the home in Broken Arrow today when spotting a tub stuffed under a work bench. Pulled it out exposing an H&R 9 shot .22 rimfire.
6” ribbed bull barrel, double action model 904.
Appears to be unfired with a little wear on the grip. That issue will be fixed in the morning at the range in the back yard.
Not worth much as it was built in Gardner Mass. after 2000, but it’s not a bad looking pistol with adjustable front and rear sights.
Bonus was a tooled leather cowboy rig. Mexican built holster rig for .38, not .22 but the pistol fits it nicely. Just need to get a cowboy hat, some boots and go strutting. Lol.

View attachment 211023

She’s a shooter! Double action fire at 10 yards produced a 5” group. Single action less than half that.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to get a Heritage Arms Rough Rider 16" barrel 22lr from Atwoods today, but apparently you can't use your concealed permit as your form of ID and I'm still waiting on the freaking state to send me a new driver license (which expired last month and I did the renewal online in April).

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a Grey Ghost Precision barrel for the P320 FCU build, as well as a 1/2-28 piston for it since my 3rd stamp finally got approved and should be here any week now. Also ordered the last two parts to finish it out so hopefully next week I can post the final product. It's a far departure from my normal pistol stuff!

Latest posts

Top Bottom