Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awww man .. cost me 3 while dollars today.
IMG_20220510_122958.jpg

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got this today and can t be more thrilled. Winchester model 1885 Low wall single shot in 22WCF which evolved to what you may know today as the 22Hornet with a slight tweak to the shoulder of the case and smokeless powder. Still accessing which way I need to go with it.

John Brownings , (might have heard of him eh?) first patent sold to Winchester and the gun that started it all for them with this and the 73Henry. He and his brother were making these single shot falling blocks in their shop in Utah since 1878 and had a 1 1/2 year backlog. Winchester took one look and it and new it was a winner and bought the patent along with the patent for the 1886 lever gun same day. around 140k Produced from 1885-1920 in both the low wall and high wall configuration depending on the caliber. Produced in a record whopping 91 calibers in everything from a 22short to a 50-110 buffalo cartridge. This one has a low 5 digit serial placing it being made in its 3rd year of 1888. Slightly Older than Oklahoma being the Land Run began in 1889. Comes with the "Original Bull Barrel from Hades" in Octagon shape.
Shout out to the board Member Chemist-Ret for this wonderful specimen and will do another restoration thread later when I decide what all this will need to get her back on the job. Oh, and I just so happens I still have a bottle of Cowbaby's Alkanet Root Joint Balm, Gun Stock Oil and Back Rub handy from the 30-30 project I did a while back in the jar. It looked thirsty. Enjoy!

22WCF3.jpg
22WFC2.jpg
22.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom