Anybody have a flashlight tool I can borrow for 5 minutes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am trying to disassemble my surefire m961 weapon lightbut I cannot remove the bezel. Anyone have a tool for that before I have to order one online?

It looks like this: I think the size I need is a z46?

inner_1620984928rnVSl.jpg

Last edited:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
He needs the spanner for the lock ring inside. A strap won’t work.

They’re special made and only if you’re repairing surefires, a person probably won’t have one. They’re basically a custom tool.

Anything from Lumens Factory is GTG. The 9 series tool is the correct size, so yes, Z46

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strap should take it off. Like an oil filter strap wrench.
Yeah, I’ve tried that. I’ve tried hot and cold too.
He needs the spanner for the lock ring inside. A strap won’t work.

They’re special made and only if you’re repairing surefires, a person probably won’t have one. They’re basically a custom tool.

Anything from Lumens Factory is GTG. The 9 series tool is the correct size, so yes, Z46
Another expense for my “cheap” conversion of my old Surefire, lol.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve tried that. I’ve tried hot and cold too.

Another expense for my “cheap” conversion of my old Surefire, lol.
Some of those bezels are permanently attached. The spanner is the only way sometimes to get the light assembly out.
I'm gonna buy both...been holding off but I have both kinds of lights. I have a buddy down south in TX that has some but I'm not driving 5 hrs to take a lightbulb out. I'll just buy a set and some more assemblies.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of those bezels are permanently attached. The spanner is the only way sometimes to get the light assembly out.
I'm gonna buy both...been holding off but I have both kinds of lights. I have a buddy down south in TX that has some but I'm not driving 5 hrs to take a lightbulb out. I'll just buy a set and some more assemblies.
It’s kinda silly, my M961 came with extra lamp assemblies. My understanding is they don’t last terribly long, however, I’ve never had to replace mine. Why would they make the lamps nonserviceable?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surefire has had a problem with lamp assemblies for 30 years. I carried a Surefire 6P. It was a workhorse until you dropped it Damn! #18.00!

Dropped one when I just had turned it off, damn, $18.00!

I have no idea how many lamp assemblies I went through over the years. I finally converted it to LED.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s kinda silly, my M961 came with extra lamp assemblies. My understanding is they don’t last terribly long, however, I’ve never had to replace mine. Why would they make the lamps nonserviceable?
Hold up, Are you trying to take the bezel apart? Or are you trying to remove it from the body?

The lamps are 100% replaceable.

I was mistaken. If you are trying to remove the bezel from the body, and it won't budge, then it's probably seized. I just looked at mine and it screws right off just like my 6Ps and G2s. I need the spanner for the bezel ring and lens.

Put the body in a padded vice, then try the strap wrench or padded vice grips. Righty tighty, lefty loosey.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hold up, Are you trying to take the bezel apart? Or are you trying to remove it from the body?

The lamps are 100% replaceable.

If you are trying to remove the bezel from the body, and it won't budge, then it's probably seized.
I removed the head from the body, but cannot remove the bezel so that I can replace the internals on the head. I purchased a Malkoff Devices kit that I want to install.

Latest posts

Top Bottom