Anybody know how old this might be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you saying to match the taper to the taper in the steel ring? Seems like it would only pressure the tube on that end.

no, taper to taper is not what i'm saying. i think the guy we helped had them taper to taper, the bevel are muzzle oriented, light loads the friction ring sits against the frame and the spring but flat side towards the muzzle, the bronze ring is at the muzzle end of the spring with the bevel muzzle oriented.

course i suppose your rings might need replacing

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
don't have an A5 here, just from memory if it had hard recoil you turned the bronze colored ring over and put it back on 180 degrees flipped, and the recoil became manageable, a friend had an A5 that was beating him up, we suggested he flip the ring and it solved his recoil problem. i'd try it just for the heck of it, won't hurt anything
Normally what you do is swap the steel ring. Set for light loads, it is placed against the receiver (behind the recoil spring) with the flat side against the spring. For heavy loads you take it out, turn it 180 and put it up in front of the recoil spring against the bronze friction sleeve.

Edit: Just saw your post #21 and that's exactly how I have it set. Bevel of the friction ring towards muzzle and bevel of steel ring towards friction ring. And I just looked. That box of #6 shot in that earlier pic is a 3 1/4 dram load and it states under the dram equiv "maximum load" so I guess that's answers that. The 7.5s weren't marked with a dram weight.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, mine also has a substantial kick. Just tells me that I'm still alive! The available choices for the 16ga ammo is quite limited now.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed that the AE shells from TG&Y contain 20 rounds instead of the normal 25; I wonder if the chain ordered them that way to allow them to sell a box of heavy loads at a more competitive price?

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom