What’s your best Garage Sale finds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
How about some diamond (pre1968) j frame grips for $10
1A1DC8FC-6B72-4823-9155-EEA160A36123.jpeg

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've gotten several good deals at garage sales - just can't remember all of them. A few off the top of my head

- a brand-new Cutco set $750 on Cutco, $15 still in box. (Wedding gift they didn't want)
- heavy Leather scabbard - $7
- in a 25-cent box I found two Turkey Shot-shells - he asked "what are you going to do with those - I said shoot a Turkey" he said hang on, came back out gave me a Walmart sack 1/4 full and said, I didn't know those were in that box, 25 cents for all them.
- all kinds of BB guns for a buck or two, most needed an O-ring and shot great
- wife used to drag me to all sorts of them, heck when we went past a garage sale sign the truck automatically turned, no controlling it. She has since quit after the kids left - her thing was clothes, mine, when I had to go, was man stuff.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't say I've ever been to a garage sale, but have been to a bunch of estate and farm sales.
Usually, to buy some old farm equipment to restore and sell or use. I guess the best find was a 16' John Deere Land Pride disk that I picked up for $50. Kind of unique because it was hinged in the middle so it would follow the lay of the land.
Spent a couple hundred bucks putting in new bearings, new disks and new paint so it basically looked new.
While pulling it down the highway at 15 mph to the farm, some guy from Delaware that was in Ponca on a sales gig was looking at a map, eating cheeto's while driving the speed limit of 70 mph, rammed into the disk without hitting his brakes. The disk popped up in the air with the rear gang coming down on his windshield. Two disks were on either side of his head. The impact then propelled us into the ditch, tweaking the frame on the Toyota and banging my buddy and I up pretty hard. I posted pics of the accident on this forum in the past.
Long story short, the insurance adjuster thought it was a new disk and paid handsomely. Made a great profit off that rebuild.

Latest posts

Top Bottom